It’s HOT out there. With the steamy sun rays pounding down and the temperatures breaking the 100 threshold, it can be tough to know what to do with kids.
Try these 25 ways to beat the heat (and the summertime boredom blues!):
- Run through the water at one of Tucson’s best splash pads.
- Hike to 7Falls and swim when you get to the end.
- Bounce off some energy at an Open Jump session at Pump It Up.
- Visit your local library and sign up for the summer reading program.
- Check the Bookmans Event Calendar for story times, movie nights, and fun classes.
- Catch a free or $.50 movie at Harkins Theatres, Grand Cinemas, or Cinemark.
- Enjoy pizza and themed activities at Peter Piper Pizza Summer Kid’s Days.
- Splash at one of the 16 Tucson pools.
- Register for free/cheap swim lessons through the YMCA or Tucson Parks & Rec.
- See a Wild West Stunt Show at Trail Dust Town.
- Drive up the winding road to Mt. Lemmon.
- Enjoy a milkshake at Little Anthony’s Diner.
- Sign up for the summer reading program at Barnes & Noble and earn a FREE book.
- Cartwheel into fun at Open Gym at Springs Gymnastics, Gymnastics World, Gymnastics World NW, or Trinity Gymnastics.
- Participate in Summer Track & Field events at parks around Tucson.
- Take your stroller and walk the indoor track at Morris K. Udall Regional Center, William Clements Recreation Center, or El Pueblo Regional Center.
- Get air at one of Tucson’s two indoor trampoline parks – AZ Air Time or Get Air Tucson.
- Get cultural by visiting one of Tucson’s indoor museums – Children’s Museum Tucson, International Wildlife Museum, Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, or Tucson Museum of Art.
- Sign up for a Vacation Bible School program.
- Catch a show at The Gaslight Theatre.
- Order a pizza and frozen yogurt at Costco.
- Enjoy a Concert in the Park at Crossroads at Silverbell Park.
- Go on an evening adventure when the temperatures drop.
- Relax on an night ride with Sabino Canyon Tours.
- Like the TucsonTopia Facebook Page and Subscribe to our “This Week in Tucson” e-newsletter so you don’t miss any fun happenings.
PLEASE SEE OUR 2015 Ultimate Summer Fun Guide!
What do YOU do with your kids in the summer in Tucson? Leave a comment and share your ideas!