Know an outstanding teacher? Nominate him or her for the prestigious “Teacher of the Year” designation by the Arizona Educational Foundation.
Any pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade public school teacher may self-nominate or be nominated by a student, co-worker, principal, parent, friend, or family member.
The selected Teacher of the Year:
- Receives a $15,000 cash award
- Becomes Arizona’s candidate for National Teacher of the Year
- Attends Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama
- Meets the President of the United States
- Receives a full scholarship from Argosy University toward an advanced degree
- Receives professional speech training
- Is considered by the Arizona Board of Regents to receive an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Northern Arizona University
- Invited to serve as an adjunct professor for one year at NAU
- Receives a SMART®board from SMART Technologies, ULC
- From the Arizona K12 Center, receives a $2,500 scholarship toward National Board Certification; 3 coaching Saturdays; registration at National Board Summer Institute, Assessment Center and Working Retreat
- Receives a “Teacher of the Year” ring from Herff Jones
- Attends a sporting event in Wells Fargo Suite at US Airways Arena or the Ballpark
- Serves for one year as an advocate for the teaching profession by making public appearances statewide, speaking to professional, business, education, civic, parent and student groups
The deadline to submit the application, cover sheet, and three letters of recommendation is Friday, August 24, 2012.