It’s HOT out there, Tucson. With the steamy sun rays pounding down and the temperatures breaking the 100 threshold, it can be tough to know what to do with kids.
Try these 25 ways to beat the heat (and the summertime boredom blues!):
(1) Run through the water at one of Tucson’s best splash pads.
(2) Hike to 7Falls and swim when you get to the end. The Sabino Dam is another great hike – especially ideal for younger children!
(3) Bounce off some energy at an Open Jump session at Pump It Up.
(6) Catch a free or cheap movie at Cinemark, Harkins, Cinema La Placita, or Reid Park.
(7) Enjoy an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet and themed activities at Peter Piper Pizza Summer Kid’s Days.
(8) Splash at one of 16 Tucson pools, a resort pool, or a pool with a waterslide. For younger children and/or non-swimmers, consider swim lessons at DeMont Family Swim School, Sunshine Swim School, ISR, or POPPKiDZ.
(9) Register for inexpensive summer camps and activities through the YMCA or Tucson Parks & Rec.
(10) See a Wild West Stunt Show and ride a stagecoach-themed ferris wheel at Trail Dust Town.
(11) Drive up the winding road to Mt. Lemmon.
(12) Enjoy a milkshake at Little Anthony’s Diner.
(13) Cartwheel into fun at Open Gym at Springs Gymnastics, Gymnastics World, Gymnastics World NW, or Trinity Gymnastics.
(14) Participate in Summer Track & Field events at parks around Tucson.
(15) Take your stroller and walk the indoor track at Morris K. Udall Regional Center, William Clements Recreation Center, or El Pueblo Regional Center.
(18) Sign up for a Vacation Bible School program.
(19) Catch a show at The Gaslight Theatre.
(20) Eat on the cheap! Order a pizza and frozen yogurt at Costco. Stop in at Zinburger for a $3 Kids Meal or $2 Milkshake.
(22) Relax on an night ride with Sabino Canyon Tours.
(23) Munch on a pizza at Humble Pie (kids eat free on Sundays!) and then meander over to Mildred & Dildred.
(24) Ride the streetcar and explore Downtown Tucson.
What do YOU do with your kids in the summer in Tucson? Leave a comment and share your ideas!