"What a cute outfit!"
People often ask me where I find clothes for my kids. They are always dressed nicely and have good quality clothes that aren’t going to fall apart in the wash. Although it may not seem like it, I never pay full price for clothing. Kids grow too quickly and clothes are expensive. I have shopped at many stores in Tucson and have found great deals all over town. The following “Top 5” list of Best Places to Buy Children's Clothing is based on store cleanliness, available product, customer service, quality of clothing, and available discounts. Locally owned businesses are listed first, as I believe in supporting small businesses before large chains.
- Boutique-like store located in central Tucson
- New, handmade, local, and used items
- All used clothing is in excellent condition
- New items are handmade by local vendors
- Well-organized and visually pleasing
How to save money at Little Bird:
- Buy/sell/trade used clothing, toys, books, and baby gear for anything in the store.
- Follow Little Bird on Facebook for notifications on sales and coupons.
- Locally owned children’s store on the northwest side of Tucson
- Very large selection of new and used clothing
- Carries children’s tuxedos, suits, flower girl dresses, etc.
- Clothing is well-organized by size and color
How to save money at Sweet Repeats:
- Buy/sell/trade your used clothing, toys, books, and baby gear.
- Sign up for PERKA rewards to receive specials and discounts on your smart phone.
- Follow Sweet Repeats on Facebook for sale announcements.
3. Lil’ Traders - 6216 East Speedway Blvd., Tucson
- Locally owned and operated since 1988
- Always clean and well organized
- Friendly staff
- Carries used leotards and shoes for ballet and gymnastics
- Skip the plastic bag when shopping and Lil’ Traders will make a donation to a local charity
How to save money at Lil’ Traders:
- 10% off for Foster Care families
- 10% off with Military ID
- 10% off on Thursdays for grandparents.
- Follow Lil’ Traders on Facebook for updates on sales and discounts.
- Always decent prices
- Great selection of fashionable items for baby and kids
- Clothes are made well and will last long enough to hand down to another child
- Jeans have adjustable waistbands and often go on sale for $10
How to save money at Children’s Place:
- Wait for items to go on sale (they will eventually).
- Sign up for email alerts to sales and coupons.
- Shop the clearance rack first.
5. Kohl’s - 199 N Pantano Rd., Tucson
- Carries baby, kid, and adult clothing
- Great shoes, clothing, and accessory selection
- Jumping Beans brand of clothing is often on sale and great quality for little ones
How to save money at Kohl’s:
- Follow sales through email list or advertisements in the mail.
- Shop when “Kohl’s Cash” is being offered and use coupons at the same time.
- Don’t let Kohl’s Cash or coupons expire - use them!
- Shop the clearance rack to find items marked down 50-80%.
- Never pay full price. Kohl’s always has a sale, just wait for it.
- Shop early at Super Saturday Sales for door buster deals.
What is your favorite place to shop for children's clothing in Tucson?