AJ’s Fine Foods is “an upscale gourmet market experience” that is based in Arizona.
There are 11 markets throughout the state – 10 in the metro Phoenix area and 1 in Tucson.
Located in the lovely La Encantada Shopping Mall, AJ’s Fine Foods offers a gourmet experience. You’ll find a fresh and colorful Farmer’s Market section, an outstanding Wine Cellar, a decadent Boulangerie (aka bakery), a Sushi Bar, and a Bistro with in-store dining. Outside seating near an elegant fireplace is also available.
AJ’s Fine Foods prides itself on creating an atmosphere specific to each store’s clientele. As such, each store carries unique and eclectic items from all over the world.
Be sure to look for the “Taste of Arizona” badge in the store aisles to indicate products that are made locally in Arizona.
Where is AJ’s Fine Foods located?
AJ’s is located at La Encantada (NW corner of Skyline & Campbell). The address is: 2805 E. Skyline Drive, Tucson.
What are the hours?
- Open 6:00am-9:00pm daily.
- Closed on Christmas Day.
What is the parking situation AJ’s?
Parking is free and plentiful.
Why would I visit AJ’s?
- To shop for gourmet groceries
- To select a wine from AJ’s Wine Cellar for a special occasion
- To enjoy chef-prepared meals at the Bistro
- To go to Sushi Happy Hour (daily; 2:30pm to 4:30pm)
- To indulge in a pastry or decadent dessert from the Boulangerie
- To purchase hard-to-find imported olives from Greece, Italy, and France at the olive and antipasto bar
- To have a floral designer create a beautiful bouquet for a loved one
- To pick up a gift for a birthday or anniversary
Does AJ’s have restrooms? If so, where are they located?
Yes. They are along the back wall. There are changing tables in both the men’s and women’s restrooms.
Does AJ’s offer grocery delivery?
Floral, catering, and special-occasion delivery is available.
FOOD & WINE
What makes the Wine Cellar at AJ’s unique?
All of the customer service representatives in the Wine Cellar are knowledgeable about wine and are eager to provide recommendations to complement your menu plans. Feel free to stop in and ask what pairs well with grilled salmon or butternut squash risotto or pumpkin cheesecake.
AJ’s holds wine tastings in the Wine Cellar area of the store from time to time. Please check with the store for tasting dates and times.
Tell me about the meat quality + selection.
AJ’s Butcher’s Corner offers “the most incredible meat selection in the state of Arizona.” In addition to prime rib and choice cuts of beef, AJ’S offers other hard-to-find meats – lamb, venison, duck, ostrich, and bison. AJ’s also offers aged beef, aged in its own aging room.
AJ’s sells only “all-natural chicken,” raised specifically to meet AJ’s highest standards and to ensure the plumpest juiciest chicken is always available. The chicken has:
-No added hormones or steroids
-Truly fresh, never frozen
-No artificial ingredients
-No added solutions like water and sea salt
-Tested clear of any antibiotics
-Rested meat for greater tenderness
The butchers also have a variety of prepared items ready for your oven or grill, including Italian stuffed pork roast, stuffed flank steak, and marinated shish kebabs.
What about seafood?
All seafood is hand-selected from industry-leading purveyors who satisfy AJ’s stringent standards. To ensure optimal quality, AJ’s seafood is flown in fresh daily.
AJ’s Seafood Grotto features a wide assortment of options, including Sashimi-grade Tuna, Red Mountain Trout, Chilean Sea Bass, Hawaiian Opah (seasonal), and Mahi Mahi, to name a few.
What dining venues are available on-site?
Visit AJ’s Bistros from 11am-2pm for lunch or 4pm-8pm to take home dinner. The AJ’s Bistro also features a salad bar ($8.99/lb) that includes a different made-from-scratch soup selection daily. In addition, from 6am to 9pm you can select from the 15 savory sandwiches on the menu or have one created to suit your special tastes. Average cost per sandwich is $8.49-$10.99.
Indoor and outdoor seating is available on the patio.
How can I find deals, coupons, sales, and “insider tips” for saving money at AJ’s?
- Follow AJ’s Facebook page.
- Visit AJ’s website and click on “Promotions & Specials.”
- Get to know the store director and members who work in the store.
- AJ’s has a Sandwich & Wrap Club stamp card available in the Bistro Department.You receive a stamp for every made-to-order sandwich or wrap you purchase from AJ’s Bistro. Your 12th Sandwich or Wrap is free, up to a $9.99 value.
- There’s also a Cappuccino Club Card. Purchase 11 cappuccinos, and you’re 12th is free, up to $4.99 in value.
- Every month, AJ’s Boulangerie features a signature cake for $19.99 as a special “Cake of the Month” (a savings of $5/cake).
- AJ’s holds a Floral Happy Hour every Friday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. During this time, select single-stem flowers are half-price. Check with the florist to see which ones are half-off.
BABIES & KIDS
Is there a Kid’s Club or are there special events for children?
AJ’s has kids’ events at many major holidays. Check with the store for details.
Do children receive a discount on food or drinks?
AJ’s stores give a free cookie anytime (not just on birthdays) to children 12 and under who are accompanied by an adult who gives permission.
Will AJ’s cater my wedding, office party, baby shower, or dinner party?
Absolutely. There are a variety of menus and services that can be tailored to events of any size or budget.
What else do I need to know before I go to AJ’s Fine Foods?
That just about covers it. Enjoy the gourmet shopping experience!