The Arizona Inn is a historic, boutique, resort hotel spread over 14 acres of gardens, fountains, flowers, and lawns in the heart of mid-town Tucson. The luxury inn has been continually owned and operated by the same family since its inception in 1930. The founder was Isabella Greenway (1886-1953), Arizona’s first Congresswoman and a lifelong friend of Eleanor Roosevelt.
Scroll through our comprehensive Resort Report for answers to frequently asked questions.
Arizona Inn boasts 95 individually decorated rooms and suites that sprawl over 14 acres of gardens with landscaping designed for privacy.
Complimentary in-room amenities include:
- Bottled Water
- New York Times
In addition to a 60-foot outdoor pool, the resort offers complimentary use of bicycles (Electra cruisers), two clay tennis courts, and a fitness room.
Kids will enjoy splashing in the pool and playing ping pong under a shaded porch. The inn also offers a complimentary DVD library. Arizona Inn also has a great location – lots of activities within 10 miles of the resort [see next question].
What fun things are there to do within 10 miles of the resort?
- Browse artwork and visit historic homes at the Tucson Museum of Art and stay for lunch at the colorful on-site restaurant, Cafe a la C’Art. 2.5 miles away.
- Have a wild good time at the Reid Park Zoo. 2.5 miles away.
- Take the challenge and hike the steep 1.5 miles up Tumamoc Hill. 3.6 miles away.
- Shop at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, Gymboree, J.Crew, etc. Also in the shopping center is Mildred & Dildred, a quaint children’s toy store that offers free storytimes. 5.6 miles away.
- Enjoy free admission to DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, a 10-acre art gallery featuring the work and life of Ted DeGrazia. 6.1 miles away.
- Spend a morning or afternoon at Tohono Chul Park, a 49-acre oasis that is part garden, part desert trails, and part art exhibits. 7.1 miles away.
- Bounce your way to a good workout and lots of fun at AZ Air Time (an indoor trampoline park). 8.7 miles away.
The Main Dining Room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner – and features a cathedral-style ceiling, a fireplace, and a courtyard. Open to the public. A children’s menu is available with $8-$9 entrees.
Arizona Inn also has the Audubon Bar and poolside dining options.
Great restaurants to consider off property include: Penca (2.3 miles away), 5 Points Market (2.7 miles away), Agustin Kitchen (3.1 miles away), Oregano’s Pizza Bistro (3.1 miles away), and Zona 78 (4.2 miles away).
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – November through mid-April. That said, you can enjoy smokin’ rates in the warmer months.
What is “peak season” for the resort? What is the “off-season”? How much do rooms run during each?
Rates vary throughout the year, with rates generally highest in the winter and lowest in the summer. Starting rates range from $99 to $329.
Is there a Daily Resort Charge?
Can I host an event or have my wedding at Arizona Inn?
Yes! Arizona Inn is a beautiful, historic property that is popular for small weddings and receptions. Brides love the lush, manicured lawns, intimate courtyards, and flowering gardens.