Pack your backpacks! Fill up your water bottles! It’s almost time for Tucson kids and teens to hit the books and head back to school.
We have everything you need and want to know about back-to-school events, deals, freebies, and important dates for the 2019-2020 school year.
First Day of School in Tucson
- Altar Valley Elementary School District – Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Amphitheater Public Schools – Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Catalina Foothills School District – Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Continental Elementary School District – Monday, August 5, 2019
- Desert Christian Schools – Monday, August 12, 2019
- Flowing Wells Unified School District – Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Marana Unified School District – Monday, August 5, 2019
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy – Friday, August 2, 2019
- Quest for Education and Arts – Fall Session starts Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Sahuarita Unified School District – Monday, August 5, 2019
- Salpointe Catholic High School – Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Sunnyside Unified School District – Friday, August 2, 2019
- Tanque Verde Unified School District – Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Tucson Unified School District – Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Tucson Waldorf School – Wednesday, August 21, 2019 (K-8) and Thursday, August 22, 2019 (early childhood)
- Vail School District – Monday, July 15, 2019 (PreK-8) and Friday, July 19, 2019 (high school)
- Veritas Academy of Tucson – Monday, August 12, 2019 (Schools of Logic & Rhetoric) and Tuesday, August 13, 2019 (School of Grammar)
Back-To-School Deals in Tucson
Watch this space for information about Back-To-School deals, discounts, and sales around Tucson.
Back-To-School Events in Tucson
Looking for back-to-school parties, bashes, backpack giveaways, pancake breakfasts, wellness fairs, or kindergarten readiness activities? Browse below for a huge list of events in chronological order.
SEE A FULL LISTING OF 2019 TUCSON BACK-TO-SCHOOL EVENTS BELOW.
Past Events › Back To School
Events Search and Views Navigation
"Each year Badges and Backpacks gets bigger and better, exceeding expectations." Health Fair - Immunizations, Dental and Vision Screenings, On-site Nurses and Pediatricians, Get Moving Exercise Activities, Healthy Snacks, Cooking Demonstrations The Safety Station - Fingerprinting, Anti-drug Task Force, Bicycle and Helmet Safety, Stranger Danger, Gun Safety Family Fun Activities & Promotions - Fun to Read, Animal and Desert Explorer Activities, Arts & Crafts, Giveaways and Raffles. Local recreation organizations will also provide onsite activities and resources for youth. *Parking for the exhibit…Find out more »
Join Ward 4 Tucson City Council Member Shirley Scott and her staff for the 19th annual Back to School Bash at the William M. Clements Center (8155 E. Poinciana Drive) on Saturday, July 13, from 8-11 a.m. A 20th-anniversary celebration of the Clements Center will follow. This year's event will include free breakfast (eggs, sausage, pancakes), free stuffed backpacks (quantities limited), raffle prizes, booths, a bloodmobile, and grand prizes (bikes, tablets, laptops). You must be present to win and the…Find out more »
School Readiness Night, with 8 rooms of skills and tools, will get your 3- to 5-year-olds classroom ready for preschool or kindergarten. Admission is $3 per person; free for members. • Handling feelings and emotions • Sorting, cutting, lacing • Practice your ABCs and build an early literacy foundation • Patience, kindness, and sharing skills • Bathroom Pass relay race • Sitting in a circle and listening • Getting Ready relay race The first 50 kids who fill out their…Find out more »
Come decorate supplies for the new school year! Kids can customize a folder, make their own pencil pouches, and/or create a keychain for their backpacks. For children 8 and up. Younger kids and siblings are welcome to come with a parent or caregiver!Find out more »
Join Heirloom Farmers Markets in celebrating the end of summer on Friday, August 2nd at Trail Dust Town (Home of Pinnacle Peak) from 8am –12pm. The morning features 12 local food vendors and family access to the carnival setting at Trail Dust Town. The event features a $5 petting zoo hosted by The Rockin’ Star Ranch, live music, the popular ‘Spin the Wheel’ game, face painting available from Desert Rainbow Kristi, and a kid’s area with hula hoops provided by…Find out more »
A free community event brought to you by Arizona Bilingual Newspaper. Fun, music, and games. 2,500 backpacks will be given away to the children of our community!Find out more »
Say goodbye to Summer with a Sweet Treat at the Children’s Museum! Come in your favorite pair of pjs for some cool crafts and frozen goodies. Craft your own Cone, create custom pajamas, or make a Moo-sk! This event is free for all CMT and Dual members. Ice Cream will be served starting at 6:30pm (until they run out)!Find out more »
We will be updating this post with events as we receive new information. If you know about other 2019 Back-To-School Events around Tucson, contact us!