Are you pining for a fun fall experience in the middle of the desert? Have you wondered which Tucson pumpkin patch is best for you and your family?
Scroll below for a comparison of the three pumpkin patch/corn maze experiences in Southern Arizona and what makes each of them stand out.
Apple Annie’s Pumpkin Celebration & Corn Maze
Apple Annie’s Produce & Pumpkins is a family farming operation that has been around since the mid 1980’s – and they keep improving their property each year.
Enjoy old-fashioned family fun when you pick your own pumpkins, fall vegetables, and apples.
Apple Annies’ CORN MAZE is “the largest corn maze in Arizona, 20 acres!” There are two levels of difficulty. The theme for 2018 is the John Deere Tractor.
As for food options, come hungry for an all-you-can-eat pumpkin and buttermilk pancake breakfast (served from 8:30am-10:30am) or partake in the apple smoked burger lunch (served from 11:30am-4:00pm).
If dessert is more your style, you can buy homemade pumpkin ice-cream, pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread, and/or cider donuts to enjoy on the premises or to bring home with you.
- LOCATION: 6405 W. Williams Rd., Willcox (~85 minutes SE of Downtown Tucson)
- DATES/TIMES: Open daily, September 15-October 31 | September Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm; October Hours 9:00am-5:30pm
- COST: Admission is free. Corn Maze is $8/adults; $6/children (ages 3-11); Children 2 and under are FREE
- WHAT STANDS OUT: largest corn maze in Southern AZ; plentiful photo spots; opens at 8:00am in September for early risers; no charge for parking or admission; 4 stars on yelp & tripadvisor
- SOCIAL MEDIA: LIKE Apple Annie’s on Facebook and FOLLOW Apple Annie’s on Twitter.
Buckelew Farm Pumpkin Festival & Corn Maze
The Bucklew Farm Festival has been a Tucson attraction since 1989.
Admission price includes:
- Entry into the Pumpkin Festival
- Unlimited wagon rides through pumpkin fields
- 3 all ages Corn Mazes (including: Checkpoint Scavenger Hunt Maze, Farm Scene Investigation Game Maze, and a Farm Tracks Kiddie Maze)
- Maps and Game Cards available at Ticket Booth
- Inflatable Obstacle Course
- Jumping Castle
- Pedal Carts
- Pumpkin Painting
- Duck Races
- Sand Mountain
- King of the Mountain Kids Rope Climb & Slide
- Kids Zip Line
- Pony Hops
More about the corn mazes – There are 3 corn mazes for all ages. Wind through 8 acres of corn. There is a farm scene investigation game, farm tracks game, and a scavenger hunt check point game. Game cards are available at the ticket booth.
Other activities that are available, but NOT included with admission are as follows: face painting, arts and crafts, country store shopping, merchandise, apparel, zombie paintball, pony rides, mechanical bull, pumpkins ($0.50 cents per pound), food and drinks (including beer and wine).
- LOCATION: 17000 W. Ajo Way, Tucson (~35 minutes SW of Downtown Tucson)
- DATES/TIMES: Saturdays and Sundays, October 13 through October 28 | 10:00am-5:00pm
- COST: $10/person; children in diapers are FREE
- WHAT STANDS OUT: beer and wine are available for purchase; inflatable slide
- SOCIAL MEDIA: LIKE Buckelew Farm on Facebook and FOLLOW Buckelew Farm on Twitter.
Marana Pumpkin Patch & Farm Festival
Marana Pumpkin Patch offers 50 acres of family fun.
Your admission ticket includes:
- Entry to the Farm Festival
- A Wagon Ride to the Pumpkin Patch
- Tractor train ride
- Free access to both corn mazes
- Access to the Straw Mountain and Kids Zone
- Petting Zoo
- Pig Races
- Jumping Pillow (Unlimited, included with admission!)
- 1/4 scale diesel train
- Peddle cart ride
- Pumpkin Train Ride
- Little Tractors
Marana Pumpkin Patch & Farm Festivals has two corn mazes, which are 5 acres each. For 2018, one is themed as a Love Pup and the other is an Albanese Gummy Bear.
Additional festivities (for a fee) include pumpkin cannon ($1 per shot), zipline ($5), and pony rides ($4).
A wide variety of food items will be for sale: hamburgers, pizza, nachos, pretzels, spaghetti, and BBQ sandwiches. A children’s menu features 5 different entree choices plus fries and a drink for $6 (+tax). Note that no outside food or drinks are permitted.
- LOCATION: 14901 N. Wentz Rd., Marana (~30 minutes NW of Downtown Tucson)
- DATES/TIMES: October 6-October 30 |Monday through Thursday, 3:00pm-7:00pm; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 9:00am-7:00pm
- COST: Admission to the Marana Pumpkin Patch & Farm Festival is $11(+tax)/person on Monday-Thursday or $13(+tax)/person on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Kids 34″ and under get in free.
- WHAT STANDS OUT: only jumping pillow in town; 4 stars on yelp and tripadvisor; pig races; LOTS of kiddie rides, petting zoo with ponies, lambs, miniature donkeys, and more
- SOCIAL MEDIA: LIKE Marana Pumpkin Patch on Facebook.
SO — Which Tucson pumpkin patch or corn maze is best? That depends on where you live and what kind of experience you are looking for. Join the conversation on TucsonTopia’s Facebook page. Also – keep your eye out for photos of each location on Instagram!