We recently had 12:30 reservations on a Sunday in May for the Blues, Brews, & BBQ buffet at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
Available to the public every Sunday between 11:00am and 2:00pm, the all-you-can-eat brunch/lunch is a treat for the eyes and the stomach. Be sure to arrive hungry because there are dozens of dishes to sample.
The first station we stopped in at is the brunch’s namesake – BBQ! Follow your nose to the smoking platters outdoors where your plate will fill up with grilled salmon, babyback ribs, pulled pork, bacon-wrapped dogs, macaroni & cheese, skillet cornbread, huge varieties of roasted vegetables (and fruit too!), and – our favorite – creamy mashed potatoes.
If breakfast foods are more up your alley, you’ll find a whole ‘nother station indoors with favorites from this category. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, potatoes, salads, soft cheeses, a made-to-order omelet station, watery melons at the peak of ripeness, and pastries to tempt your sweet tooth. Add some extra nutrients to your diet by sampling a juice shot in interesting flavors like Cantaloupe Carrot and Prickly Pear Watermelon.
Seafood lovers will have their fill at a third station – where you’ll find buckets overflowing with shrimp, mussels, and oysters with accompanying sauces. Also – unlimited sushi!
Last but not least, the dessert station is lavish and offers something for every taste bud. On the date of our visit, the spread included (but was not limited to): s’mores, mousse, creme brûlée, apple crisp, cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, churros, and caramel-topped brownies. We’ve heard rumors that the desserts rotate to sometimes include a chocolate fountain and/or ice cream sundaes with all the trimmings.
We haven’t yet mentioned the brews equation of this brunch – where you can enjoy bottomless beers. For a lighter alternative, you can keep the mimosas flowing. Coffee, tea, water, and juices are also unlimited and included with your $42/adult cost.
Both indoor and outdoor seating options are available. If you want to be close to the tunes, sit outside to enjoy the live blues band and/or to let the sun soak into your shoulders. Prefer a quieter meal? Sit indoors to be near the desserts (and the air-conditioning!).
Arrive early or stay late to enjoy the 1/2 mile nature trail – just steps away from the brunch. You’ll see a variety of desert plants and wildlife, culminating with an 80-foot waterfall.
- Blues, Brews, & BBQ is located at Canyon Cafe at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in northeast Tucson. The address is 7000 N. Resort Drive.
- The BBB buffet is available to guests and the public every Sunday, 11:00am to 2:00pm.
- Dress is as casual or as formal as you want it to be.
- Indoor and outing seating options are available.
- $42 for adults, $21 for children ages 6 to 12, and $5.95 for Children under 5, plus tax and gratuity.
- Reservations are highly encouraged, but not required. Call 520-615-5496.
- Due to the price and atmosphere, this would be a good pick for a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or any other celebration of your choosing.