Tucson Botanical Gardens is home to “one of the best butterfly houses in the country“…and it’s opening on October 1st!
From October through May, the Cox Butterfly & Orchid Pavilion will transform into a magical oasis filled with over 300 butterflies at any given time. All of the butterflies are shipped to Tucson Botanical Gardens in their pupae form and emerge in front of visitor’s eyes in the chrysalis exhibit, before being transferred into the greenhouse. A new shipment of pupae is received almost weekly, making the butterfly variety diverse and ever-changing throughout the season!
- LOCATION: Tucson Botanical Gardens, 2150 N. Alvernon Way
- DATE: BUTTERFLY MAGIC Opens October 1, 2014 and runs thru May 2015
- TIME: 9:30am-3:00pm daily; TBG open 8:30am-4:30pm daily
- COST: $13 adults; $7.50 children (ages 4-12); FREE for children 3 and under
- NOTES: Like Tucson Botanical Gardens on Facebook; Follow Tucson Botanical Gardens on Twitter
One lucky TucsonTopian (that’s you!) will receive 4 passes to “Butterfly Magic” at Tucson Botanical Gardens.
Enter your e-mail below for a chance to win. The deadline is Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 11:59pm.
***The winner is Michele N. Congratulations!***