Casas Christian School is a private K-8 school on a 100-acre campus in northwest Tucson.
Casas believes that:
- Students should be taught at their readiness level.
- Students should have a broad worldview, which is reflected in our culture and curriculum.
- Students should develop as leaders and serve their community.
- Excellence in our teachers results in excellence in our students.
- Diverse and inclusive environments create a strong sense of community.
Casas Christian School AT A GLANCE
Type of School: private, Grades K-8
Accreditation: ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and AdvancED
Location: Casas Christian School, 10801 N. La Cholla Blvd, Tucson 85742
Number of students: 285
Student/Teacher ratio: Roughly 16:1
- Relevant, Rigorous and Relational, with small class sizes and an individualized approach to instruction.
- Passionate about each student reaching their full potential.
- Focused on meeting the needs of the whole child.
- Teaching our students to love and serve others.
- The best place to prepare your child for high school and beyond.
Admissions: An application is submitted online. Recent report cards and standardized test scores are also submitted. For students entering kindergarten, a Kinder Round Up is scheduled. Once scores are assessed and admin know they can predict success for a student, an invitation to enroll is made.
Tuition: Annual tuition is $/year. Scholarships and tax credits are available to help with funding.
Uniforms: Only on Thursdays.
Bus service: No. Only for special events and trips.
Curriculum: Saxon for math, Houghton Mifflin, Harcourt and others. CCS is a standards based school so no “curriculum” mandates the program.
Foreign language: Spanish is required. Mandarin is optional.
Homework: All grades levels are subject to homework, but that is on a child-by-child basis.
Kindergarten: Full Day
Sports: 6th-8th have volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball, and flag football that travel and compete. K-5th have an after-school recreational program with those same sports. Golf and Tennis are also offered in the after school program.
Clubs: STEM Scouts, Mandarin, Golf, Tennis, Hip Hop, Jazz Dance, Fun and Fitness.
Scholarships/Tax Credits: 95% of the students who attend Casas Christian School utilize tax credit scholarships. As a result, 75% who are paying some tuition are paying less than $3,500 for the year, with 60% paying $0.
School Hours: 8:00am-3:00pm (3:10pm for 6th-8th)