Catalina Park Splash Pad, at 900 North Fourth Avenue, is part of Catalina Park (one of Tucson’s oldest parks).
Built in 1902, the 4.19-acre park is located off of Fourth Avenue near University Boulevard – not far from the University of Arizona, Downtown Tucson, and the 4th Avenue shopping district.
Although the park and splash pad are within the Historic West University Neighborhood near Downtown Tucson, the splash pad is operated by the City of Tucson and is free & open to the public.
Amenities include a splash pad, picnic site, covered playground, two exercise stations, and a small historic ramada. The splash pad has been designed with a manual activation system to allow residents to turn on the water features as desired.
What year did Catalina Park Splash Pad open?
The park was built in 1902. The splash pad opened in 2012.
When is the Catalina Park Splash Pad open?
The Catalina Park Splash Pad is open 8:00am to sunset from April 1 to October 31 of each year.
Why would I visit the Catalina Park Splash Pad?
- To enjoy a picnic with family and friends
- To cool off at the splash pad
- To play on the covered playground
How much does it cost to visit the Catalina Park Splash Pad?
What is the parking situation at the Catalina Park Splash Pad?
Free. There is 2-hour parking on the east side of the park, along 4th Avenue.
What should I bring with me when I visit the Catalina Park Splash Pad?
Prepare for a day in the sun by wearing swimsuits, light layers, sunscreen, and sun hats. You will also want to bring plenty of water, snacks, and towels.
What is the best season for visiting the Catalina Park Splash Pad?
Catalina Park Splash Pad is open April 1 through October 31. Note, however, that the park and playground are open year round.
Who should I contact if I have a question, comment, or idea related to the Catalina Park Splash Pad?
For questions regarding the splash pad, please contact 520-791-4873.
How many playgrounds are there at Catalina Park?
One. The playground opened in 2012 and has a generous rooftop for shade all year long. Features include a longer double-slide, one smaller side, and a variety of climbing apparatuses. No swings.
What is the ground surface beneath the playgrounds?
The ground consists of wood chips.
Are the playgrounds shaded?
Is there an area for tots & babies?
How clean is the water? Is it chlorinated?
The water is sanitized with a bromine ozone system and is Health Department inspected/approved.
How many tables are there at Catalina Park?
Are trash cans available and easily accessible?
Are there BBQ grills?
Yes. Adjacent to each table.
Is there an on-site restaurant or cafe?
What restaurants do you recommend in the area?
You’re in luck! The Catalina Park Splash Pad is located very near Downtown Tucson and 4th Avenue so there are plenty of great dining options.
Our top picks within a 1-mile radius are:
- 47 Scott, 47 N. Scott Ave (less than a mile away) – neighborhood bistro, New American comfort food, menu changes seasonally
- Boxyard, 238 N. 4th Ave (less than a mile away) – food + drink, bar, outdoor dining
- Cup Cafe, 311 E. Congress St. (less than a mile away) – breakfast, lunch, & dinner, indoor & outdoor seating
- Food Conspiracy Co-Op, 412 N. 4th Ave (less than a mile away) – grocery, hot bar, vegan, vegetarian, local meat, bulk foods
- HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery, 266 E. Congress St. (less than a mile away) – burgers, salad, soup, sandwiches, steak, fish, unique & homemade ice cream
- La Cocina, 201 N. Court Ave. (less than a mile away) – American & Vegetarian, indoor & outdoor seating
- Maynards Market & Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave. (less than a mile away) – french bistro :: soup, salad, sandwiches, pizza, fish
- Obon Sushi Bar Ramen, 350 E. Congress St (less than a mile away) – modern Japanese cuisine
- The B-Line, 621 N. 4th Ave (less than a mile away) – bakery, breakfast, lunch/dinner, coffee
- Time Market, 444 E. University Blvd (less than a mile away) – pizza, sandwiches, bakery, coffee, grocery essentials
How close is the nearest grocery store?
Food Conspiracy Co-Op and Time Market are less than a mile away. Safeway and Whole Foods Market are less than three miles away.
How close is the nearest pizza place?
Try Time Market at 444 E. University Blvd or Empire Pizza & Pub at 137 E. Congress St. Both places are less than a mile away.
Are restrooms available? Where are they located?
Yes. Restrooms are available next to the splash pad.
Are toilet seat covers available?
Is a family restroom available?
Can I rent the splash pad for a birthday party or other event? What is the cost?
No. The Ramada and Splash Pad are not reservable.
|Parks & Rec Facility||NO|
Check out our other Park Profiles!