Attending a Broadway show, musical concert, or family theatre performance in Tucson? There’s a good chance you’ll end up at Centennial Hall on the University of Arizona campus!
Originally built in 1936 and opened in 1937, Centennial Hall is an 85,000 square foot performing arts facility on the campus of The University of Arizona in downtown Tucson. The theatre has 2,496 seats.
Centennial Hall was last remodeled in 1984 so it’s beginning to show signs of wear. The remodel included lighting and mechanical restorations, a new sound system, new fire alarms, and the refurbishment of the majority of the seats. The stage was also renovated at that time, increasing its size from 2,000 to 5,000 square feet.
Where is Centennial Hall located?
Centennial Hall is on The University of Arizona campus. The address is: 1020 E. University Blvd, Tucson 85719.
What are the hours?
The box office is located at the front of the Hall and its hours are:
- Sun-Mon: Closed
- Tues-Fri: 10am-6pm
- Sat: 12pm-5pm
Aside from scheduled events/shows, Centennial Hall is not open to the public during the day.
Why would I visit Centennial Hall?
- To see a favorite musician/band perform
- To watch a Broadway in Tucson show
- To attend a private event
How much does it cost?
Each event has its own ticket prices. Please check the UA Presents website for a complete show line-up.
What is the parking situation?
The best garage for parking is Tyndall Avenue Garage.
Prices are as follows:
- $2.00 an hour on weekdays from 5am-5pm, with a max of $8.00 per entry.
- $1.00 an hour on weekdays from 5pm- 12 Midnight, with a max of $4.00 per entry.
- Free parking on weekends, with the exception of some events.
Dine at one of the Main Gate restaurants and receive a Main Gate merchant validation for free parking in Tyndall Garage. Note: Tell the fee collector you are dining on University and you will receive a ticket to take with you for validation.
* You can also opt to take the Tucson Streetcar to Centennial Hall. The 3.9-mile route has a stop within walking distance of the theatre.
What should I wear?
Centennial Hall is indoors with heating in the winter and air-conditioning in the summer. Dress varies depending on the event, but Tucson is generally very casual. That being said, many people do opt to dress up for Broadway performances and/or concerts.
What should I bring with me?
- Cash/credit for parking, food, & drinks.
- Your camera or phone for capturing the cool downtown/campus scene.
- A light sweater or shawl.
- A water bottle.
Can I take photos in the building and/or during the performances?
Audience members are not permitted to take pictures inside the theatre.
Are bathrooms available?
Yes. There are men’s and women’s restrooms available in the lobby at Centennial Hall. For Broadway and other performances, portapotties are sometimes also set up outside the theatre to expedite the process during intermission.
What shows are currently playing at Centennial?
Centennial Hall offers a wide range of performances by UA Presents and Broadway in Tucson. There are also other events hosted at the theater, such as science lectures and rental concert events.
Is outside food allowed?
Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
Does Centennial Hall have a restaurant?
No, but food and drinks are available for purchase. Common Grounds is set up inside the lobby as well as outside the theater for most performances. They take cash and a $6 minimum card purchase.
What restaurants are located NEAR Centennial Hall?
You’re in luck! There are gads of terrific restaurants in the UA/downtown area and in Main Gate Square near campus. Our top picks within a 3-mile radius are:
- The Fix Mac n Chz, 943 E. University Blvd (0.7 miles away) – macaroni & cheese, sandwiches, salad
- Cafe Poca Cosa, 110 E. Pennington St (2.0 miles away) – upscale urban bistro, “imaginative Mexican cuisine,” menu changes twice daily, reservations required
- Reilly Craft Pizza & Drink, 101 E. Pennington St (2.1 miles away) – lunch, dinner, spirits, wine, beer garden
- Maynards Market & Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave (2.1 miles away) – indoor + outdoor seating, sandwiches, salads, beer + wine
- Hub Restaurant & Ice Creamery, 266 E. Congress St (2.1 miles away) – fun atmosphere, burgers, salads, sandwiches, pasta, beer + wine, ice cream
- 47 Scott, 47 N. Scott Ave (2.3 miles away) – neighborhood bistro, dinner daily (4-10pm), happy hour (4-6pm), weekend brunch
- La Cocina, 201 N. Court Ave (2.3 miles away) – brunch, lunch, dinner, sandwiches, salads, southwestern fare, indoor + outdoor seating, live music
- Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails, 135 S. 6th Ave (2.3 miles away) – dinner, desserts, happy hour, gourmet American cuisine prepared by a renowned chef
- Cafe a La C’Art (inside Tucson Museum of Art), 150 N. Main Ave (2.4 miles away) – Monet inspired garden patio, pastries, breakfast, lunch, dinner
The UA Student Union is also within walking distance and the UA Library hosts a Starbucks.
BABIES & KIDS
Does Centennial Hall offer programming for children & families?
Yes. Check the UA Presents website for a list of upcoming shows and events for families.
As far as seating for young children goes, Centennial Hall offers free booster seats (first-come, first-served). Row N is where the seats start to rake, and the raised seats allow for a slightly better view for young children.
Should I bring a stroller?
A stroller is probably not necessary, unless you plan to spend some time walking the campus before or after your show.
Can I have my wedding or rehearsal dinner at Centennial Hall?
Centennial Hall can be rented out for corporate conferences. For all other rental inquiries, please contact Staci Santa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I have my child’s birthday party at Centennial Hall?
Sure! Find a family-friendly performance or Broadway show, purchase tickets for your group, and you’ll have a readymade birthday party. Before or after the show, stop in at HUB or The Screamery for ice cream!
Ticket discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Call 520-621-3341.
Is Centennial Hall active on social media?
Have a wonderful time at UA Centennial Hall!