Children's Museum Oro Valley is a 3,330 square foot facility that has exhibits that focus on childhood education, the arts, literacy, science, and school readiness. Fun areas in the one-room museum include a Farmer's Market, Peek-A-Boo Palace, Literacy Corner, Art Studio, Lullaby Lounge, and Toddler Town.
Ideal age range for this museum is babies through age 5, but older kids will likely have fun exploring alongside younger siblings.
Where is Children's Museum Oro Valley located?
Children's Museum Oro Valley is located at 11015 N. Oracle Rd in Oro Valley - north of El Conquistador Tucson, south of Catalina State Park.
What are the hours?
The museum is open Tuesday – Friday: 9:00am to 4:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am to 4:00pm. Closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Why would I visit Children's Museum Oro Valley?
- To cool off during warm summer days
- To play, explore, and discover alongside your small child or grandchild
- To attend special programming or a birthday party
How much does it cost?
Admission is $7.00 for children and adults (ages 1 through adult). Little ones, 12 months and under, are free.
Can I purchase an annual membership instead?
Annual Membership Benefits
- Free Admission Every Day
- Members-only hours and events
- 4 one-time-use guest passes (electronic)
- 20% off birthday parties
- 10% off facility rentals
- Monthly e-newsletter subscription
- Members-only guest admission discount, available when member is present
Annual Membership Rates
- Family Fun: $120/year (2 named adults + 4 named children)
- Just For Grandparents: $100/year (2 named grandparents + all grandchildren)
- Three For All: $95/year (any named party of three)
You can also purchase "dual memberships" at an additional cost, which will give you access to both Children's Museum Tucson and Children's Museum Oro Valley.
Does Children's Museum Oro Valley offer FREE or Discount Admission Days?
Yes. The Museum offers free or discounted admission days throughout the year. Current promotions are listed below.
- Admission is $2/person on the first and third Tuesdays of each month.
- Free community events – Check the museum calendar for upcoming events.
- Military families can get one child in free for each presented Military ID.
Children’s Museum Tucson is also part of the Museums for All program. Families that present an EBT/SNAP card or a WIC card and a valid form of photo ID can get $3 per person admission for up to 4 people.
What is the parking situation?
Free parking is available at Children's Museum Oro Valley.
What should I wear?
Children's Museum Oro Valley is indoors and climate controlled (air-conditioned or heated).
What should I bring with me?
You may want to bring water bottles, snacks, and a camera.
Are restrooms available?
Yes (including family restrooms).
How much time should I allot for my visit?
All families are different, but 1 to 2 hours should be ample time to play at the museum.
Is outside food allowed? Are picnic tables available?
Yes. There is a small area where families can sit outside of the front doors to eat snacks. Baggins is also the museum's "neighbor" and has great options for kids.
Does Children's Museum Oro Valley have a restaurant or snack bar?
What restaurants are located NEAR Children's Museum Oro Valley?
Try one of the below restaurants, which are within 4 miles of the museum.
- Baggin's Gourmet Sandwiches, 11015 N. Oracle Rd (next door) - sandwiches, salads, soups
- In-N-Out Burger, 11545 N. Oracle Rd (1.7 miles away) - burgers, fries, milkshakes
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, 12005 N. Oracle Rd (2.3 miles away) - lunch, dinner, dessert, kids, upscale, cocktails
- Grain River Asian Bistro, 12985 N. Oracle Rd (3.6 miles away) - Fine Asian cuisine, lunch specials
BABIES & KIDS
What ages would be best suited for a visit to Children's Museum Oro Valley?
Ideal age range is babies through age 5, but older kids will likely have fun exploring alongside younger siblings.
Should I bring a stroller?
Probably not. The Oro Valley location is pretty small at 3,330 square feet (compared to 11,000 square feet at Children's Museum Tucson).
Is there a quiet/cozy area for mothers to feed their babies?
Yes - in Lullaby Lounge.
Are changing tables available?
What about my pet? Can I bring my dog?
Pets are not permitted in the facility.
Can I have my baby shower or child's birthday at Children's Museum Oro Valley?
Is Children's Museum Oro Valley active on social media?
Yes! You can follow Children's Museum Oro Valley on Facebook.
What else do I need to know before I visit Children's Museum Oro Valley?
That's about it! Have a fantastic time!
Check out the complete list of Tucson Museums.