Compassion International’s Change the Story: The Compassion Experience is coming to the Tucson area – May 15-18, 2015!
The free interactive tour invites visitors on a journey into the lives of four children living in Uganda, Bolivia, Kenya, and the Philippines.
Through the use of an iPod, a headset, and over 4,000 square feet of interactive space, visitors will see the children’s homes, walk through schools and markets, and hear life-changing stories of hope—all from the perspective of a child whose life began in poverty.
This free event is appropriate for all ages and is an excellent opportunity for anyone who has never had the chance to travel outside the USA to get a small glimpse of what life can be like in developing countries.
Visitors are encouraged to make a reservation, however walk-ins are welcome. Groups of 20 or more should email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their space.
Plan to be at the exhibit for about an hour (or longer).
- LOCATION: Pantano Christian Church, 1755 S. Houghton Rd., Tucson
- DATES: Friday, May 15, 2015 – Saturday, May 16, 2015 – Sunday, May 17, 2015 – Monday, May 18, 2015
- TIMES: 11:00am-6:40pm on Friday; 10:00am-6:40pm on Saturday; 9:00am-4:40pm on Sunday; 11:00am-6:40pm on Monday
- COST: FREE
- NOTES: If you have toddlers/preschoolers, note that “older kids generally get more out of the experience in terms of being able to understand what they are seeing, but parents do bring their younger kids through frequently. There are plenty of things to see and touch. Child-friendly audio tracks are available, which soften any more intense parts of the stories for younger visitors.”
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Compassion Experience on Facebook and Twitter. Use #CompassionExperience to share YOUR experience on social media.