Victory Worship Center, a large church with four campuses in Tucson, opened the 5,500 square foot Cool Water Kids Splash Pad in March 2017.
The Cool Water Kids Splash Pad, which is located at 2561 W. Ruthrauff, is large enough to accommodate 75 children plus adults...and is completely free to the public!
If you are unfamiliar with the location, note that it's about 6 minutes north of Pump It Up, with convenient access to I-10. Other points of reference: it's about 6 minutes south of Northwest Medical Center and 8 minutes west of Tucson Mall. In other words, this splash pad will likely be easy to get to if you live in northwest Tucson, Marana, or Oro Valley.
Although the target age range for the splash pad is between 3-12 years old, all ages are welcome to cool off in the water.
When is the Cool Water Kids Splash Pad open?
The Cool Water Kids Splash Pad is open late March to late October. Hours are: Monday thru Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm; Sundays, 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Why would I visit the Cool Water Kids Splash Pad?
- To cool down from the heat
- To be in a community setting and socialize
- To host or attend a birthday party
How much does it cost to visit the Cool Water Kids Splash Pad?
What is the parking situation at the Cool Water Kids Splash Pad?
Park directly in from of the splash pad. The church recently added solar power and is happy to offer complimentary covered parking.
What should I bring with me when I visit?
Swimsuits, towels, sunscreen, snacks, and water!
What is the best season for visiting the splash pad?
The splash pad is open late March to late October. The least crowded time to visit tends to be on weekdays right at 10:00am when the splash pad opens.
Who should I contact if I have a question, comment or idea related to the splash pad?
A Victory Worship Center staff member is on-site anytime the splash pad is open to aid with any requests or to answer questions.
How clean is the water? Is it chlorinated?
The water is filtered, processed, and chlorinated. It meets the purification standards required for a public water park by the City of Tucson.
Is the splash pad shaded?
The splash pad is not shaded, but there is shaded seating and parking.
How many tables are located at the Cool Water Kids Splash Pad?
The splash pad has shaded picnic tables (can seat 40 adults), as well as turf surrounding the splash pad to relax on.
Are there trash cans available and easily accessible?
Is there an on-site restaurant or café?
Not at this time.
All this playing is making us hungry. What restaurants do you recommend in the area?
You're welcome to pack a picnic or to pick up food from a restaurant in the area on your way to the splash pad.
Try one of these nearby eateries.
- Jason's Deli, 4545 N. Oracle Rd (3.0 miles away) - sandwiches, salads, family-friendly
- Chick-fil-A, 4585 N. Oracle Rd (3.1 miles away) - chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, milkshakes, kid's meals, indoor playspace, family-friendly
- In-N-Out, 4620 N. Oracle Rd (3.1 miles away) - burgers, fries, milkshakes
- MOD Pizza, 4386 N. Oracle Rd (3.2 miles away) - made-to-order personal size pizzas (30+ ingredients), salads
- Scordato's Pizzeria, 4911 N. Stone (4.0 miles away) - pizza, pasta, wine, lunch, dinner
- First Watch, 5055 N. Oracle Rd (4.3 miles away) - breakfast, brunch, lunch
- The Parish, 6543 N. Oracle Rd (4.9 miles away) - southern fusion gastro pub, brunch, lunch, dinner, happy hour
Are restrooms available?
Yes. There are changing tables in both the men's and women's restrooms.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND OTHER EVENTS
Can I reserve the Cool Water Kids Splash Pad for a birthday party, field trip, or other special event?
Yes - and it's absolutely free! Reservations take place from 5pm-7pm everyday (that way they never interrupt the public hours). Reservations can be made at vwcaz.org/splashpad.
- ADDRESS: Victory Worship Center, Cool Water Kids Splash Pad, 2561 W. Ruthrauff, Tucson
- HOURS: Monday thru Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm; Sundays, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- COST: Free
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Cool Water Kids Splash Pad on Facebook and on Twitter.
- TIP: Don't forget sunscreen, towels, water bottles, and snacks. Wearing rashguards, sun hats, and sunglasses is also advised to minimize sunburns.
- OF NOTE: Victory Worship Center has four campuses in Tucson. The Ruthrauff and South campuses both offer services in Spanish. VWC also has a fun Junior Bible Quiz program for kids.