Dave’s Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event is named for the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active Southern Arizona Roadrunners member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease.
A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation.
– USATF certified 5K flat and fast course (electronically chip timed)
– One Mile Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk (not timed)
– Special award for best age-graded performance, male and female
– Free Kid’s Race sponsored by Craig Dabler, Jewelers
– Plenty of fun activities for kids including a jumping castle obstacle course!
- LOCATION: Crossroads at Silverbell Park, 7548 N. Silverbell Rd., Marana
- DATE: Sunday, March 17, 2013
- TIME: 5K is at 8:30am; 1-Mile Family Run/Walk will start shortly after the 5K
- COST: $17-$27, depending on SAR membership and date of registration