Located in northwest Tucson, DeMont Family Swim School offers weekly, year-round, half-hour swim lessons for people 6 months and up using an internationally recognized, proven, systematic, fun and developmentally appropriate method for teaching children to learn to swim.
The welcoming family atmosphere includes two indoor pools with water heated to 90 degrees, a state-of-the-art fresh air ventilation system in the pool area, a glass-walled and air-conditioned observation area for parents, and year round instruction. Handicap-accessible showers and locker rooms are also available.
Lessons are offered every day of the week (including in the winter!) and the maximum number of students per class is 4. Private lessons are also an option for an additional fee.
If you are a registered family, you are eligible to participate in Family Swim Night, every Friday from 6:30-7:30pm. $4 per person with a maximum of $15 per family. Children 3 and under are free.
OUR EXPERIENCE: The DeMont program is super structured (in a good way!) and each child moves through a series of milestones before moving to the next level. The instructors are friendly, professional, and well-trained. Kids will look forward to the inviting warm water and the colorful ribbons that they will receive to celebrate achievements.
- LOCATION: 2850 W. Ina Road, Suite 130, Tucson
- COST: $69.60 per month for group classes (4 kids per class; $17.40 per lesson). Lessons are once a week for a half hour. There is also a $50 one-time family registration fee and you must register for a minimum of 8 lessons.
- OF NOTE: DeMont offers FREE Baby Splash classes for 2-5 month olds. Lessons are once a week for 20 minutes.
- CALL: 520-877-7946.
- WEBSITE: DeMont Family Swim School
- SOCIAL MEDIA: DeMont Family Swim School on Facebook; DeMont Family Swim School on Twitter