Desert Christian Schools is a Preschool-Grade 12 covenant school system in Tucson that aims to “disciple students in partnership with Christian families while providing a biblically integrated liberal arts education.”
The Preschool, Elementary, and Middle School campus is in East Tucson at 9415 E. Wrightstown Road. Originally a horse property, the campus was constructed from scratch between 2009-2011 and features magnificent mountain views and peaceful surroundings.
The 16-acre campus includes 17 classrooms, a library, a computer lab, a multipurpose room, a basketball court, a softball/baseball field with dugouts, and a lovely preschool.
K-5 students take Bible, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, History, Physical Education, Computer, Art, Music, and Chapel.
In addition to core subjects (Bible, history, reading, writing, math, and science), middle school students take P.E., Computer, Spanish Language Lab, and Discipleship.
Interested in enrolling your child(ren) for the 2014-15 school year? Applications for the upcoming academic year are currently being accepted.
Desert Christian Schools AT A GLANCE
Type of School: private [See our previous spotlight about Desert Christian High School. Watch for a spotlight on Desert Christian Preschool soon!]
Location: 9415 E. Wrightstown Rd, Tucson
Number of students: 205
Student/Teacher ratio: 20:1 in K-1st grade; 25:1 in grades 2-8
- CHRIST-CENTERED – DCS recognizes Jesus Christ as the author, revealer, and sustainer of reality.
- TRADITIONAL LIBERAL ARTS CURRICULUM – Emphasizes the Lordship of Christ in the totality of life. Values truth, goodness, and beauty as embodied in the western Judeo-Christian heritage. Teaches the skills of thinking, communicating, and learning.
- PARTNERS WITH PARENTS – DCS strives to “aid parents in their God-given responsibility to train their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
- PARTNERS WITH CHURCHES – Over 40 churches are represented among the student body.
- COMMUNITY-MINDED – DCS aims to “help students grow in their responsibilities and duties as citizens to become a source of leadership and service to their neighborhoods, communities, and nation.”
Tuition: Annual tuition rates are as follows –
- Kindergarten: $6,320
- 1st-5th: $6,650
- 6th-8th: $7800
Tuition assistance, scholarships, and tax credits are available to help with funding.
Uniforms: No – Standardized Dress Code
Bus service: No
Cafeteria: Students bring their own lunch or can purchase a hot lunch.
Full Day or 1/2 Day Kindergarten: Full day only.
Foreign language: None for Preschool-5. Students in 6th-8th grade take a Spanish language lab thru Rosetta Stone.
Sports: None for Preschool-Grade 5. Intramural sports for grades 6-8 – Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, Soccer, Flag Football, Tennis.
School Hours: 8:05am – 2:35pm