- LOCATION: Old Tucson Studios, 201 S. Kinney Rd., Tucson
- DATE: Saturday, March 2, 2013 (rain or shine)
- TIME: First wave of runners: 8 AM; Last wave of runners: 4 PM
- COST: $85-$100. Cancer survivors run for free.
- NOTES: Women ages 14 and up are encouraged to participate.
Dirty Girl Mud Run, the original women-only national mud run series, is coming to the Tucson area on March 2, 2013.
An untimed obstacle course that welcomes women of all ages and athletic abilities, Dirty Girl Mud Run challenges women to break from their routine for a day, get out of their comfort zones, get dirty, and accomplish something brand new – all while having a blast. Every one of the obstacles—from the “Utopian Tubes” tunnel crawl to the “PMS (Pretty Muddy Stuff)” mud pit—is optional, so participants can skip anything they find too difficult. Forming teams is encouraged, and so are crazy team uniforms.
“A Dirty Girl Mud Run comes with excitement, laughter, and camaraderie—as well as lots of music, food and drinks. From start to finish, it’s an unforgettable event and an incredible teambuilding experience.”
To honor and celebrate all those who have fought and won the battle against cancer, Dirty Girl Mud Run reserves 250 complimentary entry slots for survivors.
Proceeds from the event benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.