ABOUT OFFICER HITE: On June 2nd, 2008 Officer Erik Hite succumbed to a gunshot wound sustained the previous day by a suspect who had wounded a Pima County Sheriff’s Department deputy. The suspect had fired a rifle into the homes of two neighbors and then fled as the first responding deputy arrived at the location. As the deputy pursued him, the suspect opened fire and wounded him.
- LOCATION: Brandi Fenton Memorial Park, 3482 East River Rd., Tucson
- DATE: Saturday, March 2, 2013
- TIME: 5K Fun Run starts at 8:30am; 2 Mile Family Fun Walk Starts at 8:40am
- COST: $20-$30, depending on date of registration. Age 15 and under are free.
- NOTES: Proceeds from the run benefit the Erik Hite Foundation, a non-profit organization that exists to “provide a child care center and family outreach programs for both commissioned and non-commissioned personnel employed by Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Personnel.”