1. Register for a free Lifeguard Swim Test & Interview on EZEEreg.com (must be at least 15 years of age to register)
2. Apply for the Lifeguard position at Tucsonaz.gov/jobs
3. Pass the Lifeguard Swim Test
Come prepared to swim with a suit, goggles (optional), and a towel. You will be interviewed and perform the following in water swim skills.
100-yard continuous approach stroke without tube (front crawl and/or breaststroke)
50-yard approach stroke with a rescue tube
2-minutes treading water using legs only
50-yard side stroke supporting a dummy
Retrieve a 10 lb. diving brick from ~12 feet, return it to the surface, and exit the pool without a ladder.
4. Upon completing the application and passing the swim test, you will receive a welcome email from [email protected] to make an appointment to get fingerprinted. After completion of fingerprinting, you will be onboarded with Human Resources. You will receive an email from Workday to complete your pre-hire information. The City will pay for your StarGuard certification, which includes a 6-hour online course and 16-hour in-person course, with the commitment to work for the City of Tucson Parks and Recreation department.
5. Once you have completed step 3, you will be registered for a Lifeguard Certification Class. You must pass the online and in-person required Starguard Lifeguard Certification Courses. (Online must be passed prior to in-person)
6. Meet with the team for orientation and pool placement.