- This event has passed.
Compost Your Scraps Workshop & Farmers Market at Rillito Park
April 22 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Earth Day is Sunday, April 22nd, but it’s good to celebrate Earth Day everyday!
Stop in to visit green thumb vendors at the Rillito Park Farmers Market (4502 N. 1st Ave.) from 8am – 12pm.
PLUS, there will be two FREE ‘Compost Your Scraps!’ workshops, hosted by Linda Leigh of Vermillion Wormery.
• 9am & 10:30am (15 minute workshops)
COMPOST YOUR SCRAPS! WORKSHOP
Composting should be a part of everyone’s daily routine. This show-and-tell presentation will teach you why and how to be a successful composter, indoors, outdoors, and all year long, with the help of red wiggler worms.
• Hands-on demonstration of indoor worm bins, including specific designs and set-up, and a photo display of how to compost your scraps outside using worms.
• What’s on the menu? What, when, and how to feed your worms
• How to harvest and use the worm castings
• Composting worms…in the garden?
• How to mitigate the challenges that our desert climate presents to worms
PLUS, A variety of active household scale worm bins will be available to poke around in. You can even feed the worms!