- This event has passed.
Creatures of the Night at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
June 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$8.95 – $21.95
The desert is the place to be for lively nightlife! Bats, owls, and kangaroo rats are just a few of the animals that awaken as the sun sets. Explore their world and learn a little more about life after dark.
- 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. Fine Art Exhibits for All!
- Have a creative critter of your own? Cool off in the Ironwood Gallery and enjoy our guest area where children of all ages can create their own Art and the Animal masterpiece! Art and the Animal is a juried competition featuring work from members of the Society of Animal Artists. See artworks from around the world in a variety of media—from oils to acrylics to sculptures and more! Everyone is welcome.
A David J. Wagner Traveling Exhibition
- 6:30 & 8:00 p.m. Fur, Feathers & Fangs
(two 30-minute presentations)
- Join our keepers as they introduce you to a few of our desert dwellers, and share stories about what it’s like to work with these amazing animals. Learn about their habitats and behaviors, including adaptations for surviving and thriving in this unique environment.
- 8:00 – 8:45 p.m. Photographing Animals at the Desert Museum, presented by Jay Pierstorff
- How to get the best photos of animals in a Zoo. Quick tricks, pointers, and examples.
- Throughout the Night
- Look for Museum Docents around the grounds interpreting live animals, celestial desert skies, fluorescent minerals, bats, kissing bugs, scorpions, rattlesnakes, and more!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Stingray Touch Exhibit
- Admission: $2 Members / $3 Non-Members
Visitors are able to create their own moments with these captivating creatures at the Stingray Touch experience. The pool features cow nose stingrays that guests can interact with. Be touched by a ray!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Packrat Playhouse
- This indoor (air-conditioned) play space allows children to discover the desert through the eyes of a packrat. Kids can slide down a Gila monster’s tail, climb through prickly pear cactus pads, slither through an oversized rattlesnake, explore secret tunnels, scramble in giant rope netting, and much more!