- This event has passed.
Dave’s Run for ALS at Curtis Park
March 24, 2019 @ 6:50 am - 10:00 am$65
The 19th annual Dave’s Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event honors the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation.
Dave’s Run for ALS takes place in Curtis Park near River and La Cholla. The park is on Curtis road just west of the ‘Sporting Chance’ building.
- NEW THIS YEAR – AZ State 5K Championship!
- NEW THIS YEAR – Medals for every finsher of 5K & 10K!
- USATF certified 5K & 10K flat and fast courses (electronically chip timed)
- One Mile FitKidz and Family Run/Walk
- FREE eegees for participants!
- Team Registration – team with most 5K & 10K registrants wins a FREE eegees party valued at $150!
- Plenty of fun activities for kids including facepainting and a jumping castle obstacle course!
- The 5K race is part of The Running Shop SAR Grand Prix series.