- This event has passed.
Dog Days of Summer at Old Tucson
September 2, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until September 3, 2018
Did you know that Old Tucson allows guests to bring their dogs? This Labor Day weekend, Old Tucson goes to the dogs as we Say Goodbye to the Dog Days of Summer with a festival that celebrates all things canine.
DockDogs®, the independent governing and sanctioning body for dock jumping and dock diving canine performance sports, will present a diving competition featuring professional, semi-professional, and amateur diving categories including the Big Air Wave, Extreme Vertical and Speed Retrieval. The competition will run for three days during regular park hours, 10am to 5pm with finals on Monday, September 3.
Guests are invited to bring their own dogs out to compete in the amateur class. To view the schedule and register, go to https://dockdogs.com/eventscal/dog-days-of-summer-at-old-tucson-2/. Pre-registration is encouraged! There is a separate fee to enter the diving competition.
The dog theme doesn’t stop there! Also included with admission:
- The Humane Society’s Free Mini Vet Clinic, offering nail trimming, ear cleaning, and more
- NW Pet Clinic will be offering free dog massages on Saturday and Sunday
- Pet adoptions will be available on site from both Pima Animal Care Center and the Humane Society
- Arizona Animal Experts will demonstrate rattlesnake avoidance training and give one lucky winner a free training
- Net Zero will have its misting station to help keep pets—and owners—cool in the summer sun
All of this plus Old Tucson’s signature entertainment remains in the lineup: stunt shows, live performances in the Grand Palace, and historic walking tours. Kids 11 and under get in free all weekend, adult admission is $19.95, with senior, military, and Pima County resident discounts available. The park, at 201 S. Kinney Road, is open 10:00am to 5:00pm.