- This event has passed.
Earth Day Festival at Children’s Museum Tucson
April 20, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Give that big blue marble a hug and discover all the ways to help make your world a healthier, greener place to live. Learn about recycling and composting, the joy of gardening and the fun of getting out and enjoying nature. Or learn how to bring nature to your backyard with exhibits from local wildlife groups.
Tucson Earth Day Festival at Children’s Museum Tucson is from 10 am- 2 pm on Saturday, April 20. The event spans 6th Avenue, which will be closed to traffic, with exhibitors on both the Museum grounds and in Armory Park. Admission to the Museum is free all day!
Mayor Jonathan Rothschild will kick off the festivities with a proclamation. Outside the Museum courtyard, on 6th Avenue and into Armory Park, there will be exhibits and activities for visitors of all ages. Check out a City of Tucson recycling truck, find out if an electric vehicle is for you, take home a tree from TEP, or learn how to coexist with urban wildlife with Pima County Parks & Rec.
Hungry? Pick up a snack from one of the food trucks scheduled to be on 6th Avenue: Enjoyabowls, You Sly Dog, The Sweet Dough Co., Los Mejores Mexican Food, The Dutch Eatery & Refuge or LuLu’s Sorbetto of Tucson.
Adults with children are welcome inside the courtyard and the Museum for more kid-centric activities. Take your photo at the Banner Children’s Tent or test your skills with Maracana’s Lil’ Kickers. Enjoy a performance by kid band Quadrant 44 or Puppets Amongus on the courtyard stage.
Visitors are encouraged to ride their bikes to the festival and park for free with the Living Streets Alliance Bike Valet.
Tucson Earth Day Festival is free to all thanks to generous sponsors.
Scheduled exhibitors for the Tucson Earth Day Festival include:
· American Chemical Society, Southern AZ Chapter
· Arizona Masons CHIP
· Banner University Medicine
· Banner Children’s Diamond Children’s Medical Center
· Bear Essential News for Kids
· CARE – Save the Children
· CTE – TUSD
· EF High School Exchange
· Home Depot
· Las Milpitas Community Farm of the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
· League of Women Voters Greater Tucson
· Living Streets Alliance
· Maracana Indoor Sports Arena Lil’ Kickers
· Mrs. Green’s World
· Nova Home Loans Dream Team
· Pima Animal Care Center
· Pima County Department of Environmental
Quality Clean Air Program
· Pima County Health Department/
First Smiles Matter Program
· Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation
· Pima County Public Library Seed Library
· Pima County Regional Flood Control District
· Population Connection
· Project WET
· Regional Water Reclamation Department
· Saguaro National Park
· Save the Cord Foundation
· Suburban Miners – Electronics Recycling
· Sunrise Tucson
· Sunwest Federal Credit Union
· Sustainable Tucson
· Tucson Electrical Power
· Tucson Earth Day Committee
· Tucson Clean and Beautiful
· Tucson Water – Environmental Services
· Tucson Wildlife Center
· UA Compost Cats
· UCC Kids (United Church of Christ)
· Western National Parks Association