- This event has passed.
Family SCIFest at Children’s Museum Tucson
February 10, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Family SCIFest, a day of demonstrations, exhibits, and hands-on experiments at the Children’s Museum Tucson, is a signature event of the Arizona SciTech Festival. It’s a day that encourages kids and parents to explore STEM in our daily lives and find the science that is all around us. Family SCIFest activities will take place from 10:00am to 2:00pm throughout the Museum and courtyard, as well as on the lawn along Sixth Avenue. Museum admission will be FREE all day, from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
Family SCIFest is geared for families and children of all ages to explore STEM and how much fun science can be. Children will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on demonstrations, activities and experiments in robotics, astronomy, biology, ecology, engineering and environmental sciences, as well as mathematics and physics.
PBS Kids characters and R2-D2 will be on hand to encourage a love of science (and great photo ops!).
There will also be lots of guests, too, sharing their love of science, technology, engineering and math, with everything from live animals to meteorites. Participating guest organizations for Family SCIFest include:
- Academies of Math and Science
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics-Tucson Section
- Arizona Project WET
- Arizona Public Media
- Arizona SciTech
- Boy Scouts STEM Scouts
- CRUSH 1011 Robotics
- Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona
- International Association of Astronomical Artists
- Ironwood Tree Experience
- Mining Foundation of the Southwest
- Pima for Kids/Teen Scene
- Pima County Natural Resources/Parks & Recreation
- Planetary Science Institute
- Play-Well TEKnologies
- Physics Factory
- Reid Park Zoo/Nature Play Day
- Society of Women Engineers
- S.Y.STEM Coalition
- Tucson Reptile Museum
- University of Arizona Arnold Lab
- UA Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- UA Lunar & Planetary Laboratory
- UA Science City/College of Science
- Western National Parks Association
- Wildlife Habitat Council