- This event has passed.
Free First Thursday at Tucson Museum of Art
November 1, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Join TMA in a celebration of remembrance and Dia de los Muertos, featuring altars, gallery activities, artmaking, live music, and more. Explore the feature exhibition 30 Americans, connect with community groups, and create!
– 5:00 PM + 7:00 PM: Backup Brass Band
– 5:45 PM: A procession by the All Souls Procession founder, Susan K Johnson (and friends)
– 6:15 PM: Cholla High Magnet School Mariachi
– Art-making and poetry activities
– Altars and art installations by students from Pima Community College, Imago Dei Middle School, Tucson, The IDEA School, Davis Bilingual Magnet School, and Cholla High School as well as an altar by the Consulate of Mexico.
– Syrian Sweets by Marwa Alfandi will be available for purchase.
– Dia de Los Muertos inspired hair and makeup by Belle Starr Salon.
On the first Thursday of every month, the Tucson Museum of Art is free and open to the public from 5:00 to 8:00pm. Featuring live music, performances, art-making, unique gallery experiences, and cash bar serving local beer and wine.