- This event has passed.
Gelato Festival America at La Encantada
November 5, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Gelato Festival America Tour is coming to Tucson!
The Gelato Festival will be held at La Encantada in Tucson from Friday, Nov 3 until Sunday Nov 5.
With support from SIGEP and Carpigiani, Gelato Festival America welcomes gelato artisans from around the world to compete with their flavors created especially for the Festival.
The winning flavor will be chosen by two panels: technical experts and members of the general public taking part in the Festival, each accounting for 50% of the vote.
Here’s a list of the first 13 competitors selected for the Gelato Festival in Arizona: (selections are still ongoing)
- Jökulhlaup by Peter Miller, Tazzina di Gelato, Tucson, AZ.
- Il Siciliano by Ezequiel Gomez, Gelato Gourmet, Weston, FL.
- Toasted Coconut Crème Brulée by Nazario Melchionda, Frost, A Gelato Shoppe, Tucson, AZ.
- Fior d’Arancia, by Eugenia Sardelli, Gelateria Sardelli – Il Mio Gelato, Tuscany, Italy.
- Pecan & Piloncillo with Candied Chicharron, by Joel Gonzalez, Tio Frio, Phoenix, AZ.
- Bubblegum & Lemon Gelato by Juliann ‘Jules’ Stoddart, Parkside Projects, Austin, TX.
- Stupify by Walter Bergamaschi, Gelato Dolce Vita, Mesa, AZ.
- Crème De La Bakláva by Akash Vaghela, Crème Glacée UK, London UK.
- Strawberry Beet by Alan Gwinner, Austin Gelato Company, LLC, Austin, TX.
- Spicy Chocolate by Emilio Palici, Gelato Maestro, Portland, OR.
- Chocolate with crispy Hazelnut ganache & Toasted Marshmallows, by Kelly Chu, Cirsea Craft Ice Cream, Charleston, SC.
- Vegan Coco Crisp by Gonzalo Chiririnos, Calypso Delicious, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Venezuelan Cacao with a Twist by Isabela von Wachter, Ann Arbor, MI.
Everyone in attendance will be able to taste all the gelato and cast their vote for their favorite flavor. There will also be unique flavors (that do include dairy and are not all fat free) by PreGel America and WhyGelato.com, authentic flavors by Carpigiani Gelato University, and gastronomic sorbet by Sogno Toscano for everyone to sample. The Festival not only features fresh daily made and tasty gelato, but includes educational opportunities, activities, and contests for all ages, like the ‘Kids Jury,’ the ‘Gelato Eating Contest,’ ‘Speed Cup’ by Isa, ‘Stack it High’ by PreGel, and many more.
A ticket to the festival is all-inclusive:
- Entry to the festival (One day per ticket)
- One sample of each competing flavor
- One sample of each flavor provided by partners
- Admission to Gelato Classroom
- Participation in all contests and activities
- Voting for your favorite competing flavor