Tucson Parks and Recreation is pleased to present their newest event, the High School Battle of the Bands competition. Applications are now being accepted.
- All genres are welcome (rock, hip-hop, pop, punk, r&b, banda, cumbia, electronic, ambient, jazz, experimental, etc).
- The band must include at least 2 or more members.
- The average age of band members must be 18 years of age or younger.
- Must have a least (1) song recorded and available on one of the following platforms: Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Youtube, Instagram, or Tiktok.
- Selected applicants will be determined by Best Life Presents & City of Tucson Parks & Recreation staff.
Diversity of genre, wards, & neighborhoods will be strongly considered – we want the entire city to be represented.
- If selected, applicants will perform a 15-minute set – or no more than 3 songs.
- All performing Guitarists, Bassists, and Drummers would be required to use the provided backline amps and drum kit. All keyboardists, synthesists, and DJs will be required to plug their instruments in via a stereo ¼” DI.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Feb. 15, at 5 p.m.
The winning band will receive an album recording at Luna Studios and a separate show promoted by Best Life Presents.
Date: March 26, 2023
Time: Begins at noon
Location: Gene C. Reid Park, DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center (OPC), 800 S. Concert Place
Cost: Free to attend and apply