- This event has passed.
La Paloma Athletic Club Open House
November 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
La Paloma Country Club is celebrating the opening of its new Athletic Club with an Open House for members, guests, and media on Saturday, November 10th from 9:00am until noon. All ages are invited to get an in-person look at the club’s newest amenity and participate in a variety of demonstrations and clinics, including: fitness class demos, cardio tennis clinics, fitness & agility for children, Kids Club activities, chair massages, and polish changes courtesy of The Red Door Salon and Spa.
In addition, the University of Arizona’s mascot, Wilbur the Wildcat will arrive at 10:00am for photo opportunities for kids and families. All guests can enjoy samples from Fresh, La Paloma’s new restaurant inside the Athletic Club. La Paloma Country Club is located at 3666 E. Sunrise Drive in the foothills of Tucson’s Santa Catalina Mountains.
The Open House’s schedule of activities includes:
- 9 AM: Fitness for Children, Cardio Tennis on Center Court, Chair Massages and Polish Changes begin
- 9:30: Yoga
- 10 AM: Wilbur the Wildcat arrives, Cardio Tennis on Center Court, Pound Fitness (A high-energy workout with drumsticks)
- 10:30: Fitness for Children
- 11 AM: Cardio Tennis on Center Court, HIIT (high intensity interval training)
- 11:30: Agility for Children
In May, La Paloma Country Club broke ground on a multi-million dollar facilities renovation and enhancement project. The project took nearly six months to complete and will now enhance member experiences in the clubhouse, athletic club, driving range, kids’ club, and halfway house facilities. Troon Design and the Lamb Design Group collaborated on the renovation project. In addition to the new Athletic Club, renovations and enhancements also include:
- An expanded signature dining and lounge experience with sunset views of the iconic Santa Catalina Mountains
- Event and activities lawns for social gatherings large and small
- A newly created social putting experience
- Modern retail space featuring signature apparel and the latest in golf and tennis equipment
- An improved halfway house dining experience adjacent to an updated all-season practice and teaching facility
- The addition of an elegant event space with sweeping mountain views
- An immersive full-service Kids’ Club
- Refreshed member locker rooms
- Enhancements to the resort style adult pool and aquatic playground
“We’re excited to unveil our new Athletic Club and clubhouse,” said David Stout, the club’s general manager. “The Santa Catalina Mountains provide a stunning backdrop from the new clubhouse patio and practice range. Our current members will be amazed by the renovation and expansion, while first-time visitors will surely be impressed with the ‘new’ La Paloma Country Club.”
Nestled in the Santa Catalina Mountains, La Paloma Country Club is Tucson’s premier private club, featuring 27-holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf, 10 tennis courts, access to eight food and beverage venues, a junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, a seven pool aquatic playground, and the Red Door Salon and Spa. Managed by Troon Privé, the private club operating division of Troon, La Paloma Country Club is part of the beautiful 250-acre Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa.
For more information on La Paloma Country Club, call 520-618-4000.