- This event has passed.
Marana Gastronomy Tour
October 11, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
You will discover wild Sonoran Desert flavors that inspire chefs, gourmet foragers, brewmasters, artisanal bakers, and distillers; including a multi-course tasting of small plates with a paired cocktail at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, presented by Chef David Serus, Maître Cuisinier de France (Master of French Cuisine).
You will learn about the cultures that farmed and foraged in this area for thousands of years and built the oldest agricultural irrigation canal system found in the United States.
- Learn about ancient foodways through a guided archaeology adventure led by Dr. Suzanne Fish, University of Arizona Emerita Professor and Arizona State Museum Curator. Dr. Fish is one of the world’s experts on Hohokam foodways, or with expert guide Allen Denoyer, Preservation Archaeologist, Archaeology Southwest. Allen excavated Las Capas, the oldest agricultural irrigation canal system found in the United States.
- Exclusive tastings, including a multi-course small plate tasting at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain in Marana.
- Depart from and return to the Tucson Premium Outlets at Marana Center, right off the I-10 freeway at Twin Peaks Road in Marana.
- Food and beverage tastings
- Wear comfortable closed-toe walking shoes.
- Plan to walk on flat desert for about one hour total, and make sure to bring a hat or parasol.
- Water will be provided on the tour van.
- This tour requires a minimum of 8 and is limited to 15 people.
- Please contact Gray Line Tucson to confirm the operation of this tour.
- Thursdays, 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- October 11
- November 8
- January 24
- February 21
- March 21