- This event has passed.
Marana Gastronomy Tour
January 19 @ 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
One event on December 15, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on January 12, 2018 at 12:30pm
One event on January 19, 2018 at 12:30pm
The Marana Gastronomy Tour will take you to ancient archaeological sites and exclusive tastings of ancient Sonoran wild foods creatively reimagined in an unforgettable afternoon.
The five-and-a-half hours long adventure includes tastings of Bean Tree Farm gourmet wild foods, Catalina Brewing Company’s craft beer made with wild foods, and concludes with a multi-course small plate tasting at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain in Marana. Offered twice a month through April, the tours are limited to 13 people. The cost is $109 per person.
The Marana Gastronomy Tours are the first tours approved by UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network member, Tucson City of Gastronomy, the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy in the U.S.
For questions about reservations please contact Gray Line Tours at 520-622-8811 / 800-276-1528 or email@example.com. This tour can only accommodate up to 13 people at a time.
GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE SONORAN DESERT TO TASTE IT.
* Learn about ancient foodways through a guided archaeology adventure led by Dr. Suzanne Fish, University of Arizona Emerita Professor and Arizona State Museum Curator. Dr. Fish is one of the world’s experts on Hohokam foodways.
* Exclusive tastings, including a multi-course small plate tasting at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain in Marana.
* Depart from and return to the Tucson Premium Outlets at Marana Center, right off the I-10 freeway at Twin Peaks Road in Marana.
* Food and beverage tastings
* Wear comfortable closed-toe walking shoes.
* Plan to walk on flat desert for about one hour total, and make sure to bring a hat or parasol.
* Water will be provided on the tour van.
* This tour requires a minimum of 8 and is limited to 15 people.
* Please contact Gray Line Tucson to confirm the operation of this tour.
Upcoming Tour Dates (dates in February, March, and April will be added soon)
- Friday, December 1, 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday, December 15, 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday, January 12, 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday, January 19, 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm