- This event has passed.
Second SundAZe at Tucson Museum of Art
September 9 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Celebrate Peace Day at the museum with collaborative art projects, activities for the family, and a special performance by Mr. Nature.
September’s Second SundAZe will also feature the unveiling of new works of art at the museum from the Kasser Mochary Art Foundation, including a painting by the famed pioneer of Impressionism, Claude Monet.
• Wishes for peace collaborative web – Margaret E. Mooney Hall
• Kite activity with artist Anh-Thuy Nguyyen – Margaret E. Mooney Hall
• Postcard activity – Margaret E. Mooney Hall
• Papercrains – Creative Space
• Impressionism art-making activity in Margaret E. Mooney Hall
Tours & Performances:
• Dr. Julie Sasse, chief curator and curator of modern and contemporary art, will lead a tour of the new works from the Kasser Mochary Art Foundation – 11:00 AM
• Performance by Mr. Nature – 1:00 PM in the Margaret E. Mooney Hall
Second SundAZe Family Day @ TMA is presented by the Stonewall Foundation and feature free admission to the museum for residents of Arizona and Sonora, Mexico on the second Sunday of each month as well as educational programming, art-making-activities, and special performances.