- This event has passed.
Tour de Biblio (bike tour of local libraries)
February 22, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 11:30 am
One event on March 9, 2019 at 9:15 am
Pima County Public Library is proud to present its first-ever community bike ride, Tour de Biblio. The weather is perfect, so dust off your bike and come riding!
– Tour de Biblio – Southside Ride (4 miles) – Fri, February 22, 9:15–11:30 am
The ride will begin downtown at Joel D. Valdez Main Library. Next, you’ll hit the streets and head over to the newly-remodeled Sam Lena-South Tucson Library. From there, pedal your way to the Santa Rosa Library, a hidden gem nestled in Barrio Santa Rosa, and back to Joel D. Valdez Main Library.
– Tour de Biblio – Midtown Ride (15 miles) – Sat, March 9, 9:15–1 pm
This second, longer event will begin at Himmel Park Library, where you’ll explore the Fontana Bike Boulevard leading to Woods Memorial Library. The tour will continue on to Martha Cooper Library and back to Himmel Park along the 3rd Street / University Bike Boulevard.
*Each of these events require registration, which can be completed online or via Infoline at (520) 791-4010.
Librarian Karen Greene is helping coordinate the event. She says, “We have three Bookbikes and the Books on Wheels delivery service to customers who are homebound, now we’re adding Tour de Biblio. What better way to discover libraries? Meet others, hit the streets, and enjoy our beautiful town regularly named one of the Best Bike Cities in America.”
A few things to note:
- For each event the Library will provide snacks and water, a safe route, and an introduction to riding in a group.
- Before you arrive:
– Riders will need to bring and wear their own helmets.
– Any rider under the age of 18 must ride with a parent or guardian.
– A waiver will need to be signed the day of the tour by all participants.
In partnership with Living Streets Alliance, the Library will host free Bike Repair clinics the day before each event: Thursday, February 21 (Jácome Plaza, 9–11 am) for Southside Ride and Friday, March 8 (Himmel Park, noon–2 pm) for Midtown Ride. They’ll bring the tools and replacement parts, you bring the bike that needs help. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.