- This event has passed.
World Oceans Night at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
June 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$8.95 – $21.95
Join the Desert Museum in honoring and celebrating the world’s oceans. Enjoy free sustainable seafood tastings by Fini’s Landing, Primo, Maynard’s, Hotel Congress, and the Desert Museum’s own Craft Culinary Concepts restaurants. The night also includes special splashy presentations in the Warden Oasis Theater and interactive ocean activities for all ages.
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Aquarium
- Aquarium 2049 — Come visit the aquarium of the future.
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Sustainable Seafood Tastings
- Local restaurants demonstrate how tasty conservation can be with tastings featuring sustainably harvested seafood.
- 8:00 p.m. The Shark Guy ~ Shaun Pipes
- Sharks of the World!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Fishy Fun Family Activities
- Visit some of our local fin-tastic ocean conservation community partners to learn about ways you can protect the world’s oceans.
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The Edge of the Sea of Cortez – Book Signing
- Authors Marilyn Malone and Betty Hupp explored, researched and photographed the rocky, sandy and muddy shorelines of the Northern Gulf of California with the goal of putting together fascinating seashore information for families. This beautiful book includes over 1000 photos and sketches illustrate the fascinating seashore life available to visiting beachcombers. Books will be available for sale in the Desert Museum gift shop and Marilyn will be on-hand to sign your copy!
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Flute Players
- Relax, cool off and sample the soothing sounds of Native-American inspired flute music.
- Throughout the Night
- Look for Museum Docents around the grounds interpreting live animals, celestial desert skies, fluorescent minerals, bats, kissing bugs, scorpions, rattlesnakes, and more!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Stingray Touch Exhibit
- Admission: $2 Members / $3 Non-Members
Visitors are able to create their own moments with these captivating creatures at the Stingray Touch experience. The pool features cow nose stingrays that guests can interact with. Be touched by a ray!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Packrat Playhouse
- This indoor (air-conditioned) play space allows children to discover the desert through the eyes of a packrat. Kids can slide down a Gila monster’s tail, climb through prickly pear cactus pads, slither through an oversized rattlesnake, explore secret tunnels, scramble in giant rope netting, and much more!