Most public, private, and charter schools in Tucson offer a fall break sometime in early to mid October.
This year, Fall Break for the majority of schools falls the week of October 7-11, 2019 or October 14-18, 2019.
Looking for things for your kids to do over the break? We've compiled a list of ideas!
- First things first: SUBSCRIBE to the TucsonTopia newsletter, LIKE the TucsonTopia Facebook page, and CHECK the TucsonTopia calendar. We are constantly adding new information and events.
- Visit one of the corn mazes or pumpkin patches near Tucson.
- Walk, hike, or picnic in Pima Canyon, Saguaro National Park East, Sabino Canyon, or Ventana Canyon Trail. If you have toddlers or preschoolers with you, the Sabino Dam East hike is a smart pick.
- Drive up Mt. Lemmon for a hiking or camping adventure.
- Shop for a halloween costume and start planning for what you will do on Halloween.
- Wander the paths at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Be sure to check out the new Packrat Playhouse.
- Discover art at the Tucson Museum of Art. Free admission for kids 12 and under every day!
- Check out stacks of books at your local library (library cards are free).
- Go on an outing to Mildred & Dildred toy shop (at La Encantada) and then stop for a cookie at AJ's Fine Foods.
- Explore the exhibits at the International Wildlife Museum.
- Take the Tumamoc Hill challenge. It's stroller-friendly!
- Marvel at the wonders of space at a show at Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium.
- Find bargains at the Friends of the Pima County Public Library book sale - October 11-14, 2019!
- Stroll the aisles at Midtown Mercantile Merchants, a huge indoor antique mall. So much to see!
- Order pizza and milkshakes at Little Anthony's Diner.
- Have a "wild" time at the Reid Park Zoo.
- Test your upper body strength at the BLOC. Kids Climb is on Saturdays & Sundays between 9:00-11:00am.
- Purchase a day or week pass to the Tucson Jewish Community Center. Access the pool, splash pad, fitness classes, indoor play area, tennis courts, sculpture garden, and art gallery.
- Ride the Tucson Streetcar and stop for an ice cream cone at The Screamery. Read books in the children's area at Main Library!
- Try on new-to-you clothes at InJoy Thrift Store.
- Sign up for a fall break camp - "A" Camp (University of Arizona), Creative Juice, International Wildlife Museum, KXCI 91.3, The Circus Academy of Tucson, or Tucson Racquet Club.
- Not in the mood to cook? Browse our Kids Eat Free in Tucson list for dining possibilities.
- Check out a Culture Pass from one of the local libraries to get two free tickets to a museum or concert.
- Attend a festival: Tucson Meet Yourself (October 11-13, 2019) or the TENWEST Festival (October 11-20, 2019).
- Dare to dream at Disney on Ice (October 10-13, 2019).
- If you have toddlers or preschoolers, unlock the magic of books at one of the many Tucson Storytimes.
- Wander the magical galleries at The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures.
From all of the TucsonTopia team, we hope you have a super fun fall break!