The Pima County Health Department will give away free booster seats at all Health Department immunization clinics starting July 2, 2012.
The booster seats are being given out in partnership with the Arizona Department of Health Services to help families before the implementation of a new statewide law that goes into effect August 2, 2012. The new law requires that all children between the ages of 5 and 8 years, and less than 4 feet 10 inches tall are required to sit in a booster seat while riding in a car.
Booster seats are designed to raise a child so the seat belt fits properly and reduces a child’s risk of injury in a crash.
The booster seats will be distributed at the following locations during immunization clinic hours or by appointment:
- East Office: 6920 E. Broadway Boulevard (520) 298-3888
- North Office: 3550 N. 1st Avenue (520) 243-2850
- South Office: 175 W. Irvington Road (520) 889-9543
- Green Valley Office: 601 N. La Cañada Drive (520) 648-1626
- Ajo Office: 120 Estrella, Ajo, AZ 85321 1(520) 387-7206
- Catalina Office: 3535 E. Hawser (520) 825-9299
Hours for each of the clinics can be found at www.pimahealth.org.
Families can receive one seat per eligible child 5-8 years old and less than 4 feet 10 inches tall, while supplies last.
For more information about the booster seats, call (520) 243-7736.