Ballet Rincon Academy of Dance is pleased to present its 12th Annual Production of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker.”
On Christmas Eve, a young girl named Clara is given a Nutcracker Doll at her family Christmas party by her much loved Uncle Drosselmeyer, a mysterious magical inventor. The doll is broken by her jealous brother Fritz at the party, but this is no ordinary Nutcracker as Clara learns that night. When the house is at rest, Clara goes downstairs to check on her beloved doll. In the shadows, Uncle Drosselmeyer casts a spell over the Nutcracker Doll, as the Mouse King attacks. After rescuing Clara from the Mouse King, the doll turns into the Nutcracker Prince. He takes Clara on a magical journey through the Land of the Snow, to the Land of Sweets, where the Sugar Plum Fairy honors the couple with sweet entertainment from around the world.
Come experience this family tradition with Ballet Rincon, including guest artists Cory Gram (Choreographer in Residence, recent guest artist with Ballet Tucson), Mark Nichols (Graduate of University of Arizona School of Dance), and Ashley Hammond (University of Arizona School of Dance).
* Celebrating their 12th Season as “Southeast Tucson’s Premier Classical Dance Academy,” Ballet Rincon (BR) is committed to the highest standard in professional dance training.
- LOCATION: Vail Theatre of the Arts, 10701 E. Mary Anne Cleveland Way, Tucson
- DATE: Friday, December 20, 2013 and Saturday, December 21, 2013
- TIME: 7:00pm on Friday; 2:00pm and 7:00pm on Saturday
- COST: Orchestra Section: $14 per adult or $12 per child age 11 and under/seniors 55+ — Mezzanine Section: $10 per adult or $8 per child age 11 and under/seniors 55+
- BUY TICKETS: Open tickets sales will be held at the Ballet Rincon Main Studio (10544 E. Seven Generations Way #200) during regular office hours (M-F 4:00pm-6:30pm and Sat. 9:00am-12:30pm) through Monday, Dec 16th. Tickets will also be sold at the theater box office starting one hour prior to each performance. Please call 520-574-2804 or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
One TucsonTopian will receive four tickets to any of the three performance of Ballet Rincon’s “The Nutcracker”!
Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter.