Haven’t been to Sweet Tomatoes in awhile? This summer is a good time to re-visit.
Established in 1978 in San Diego, Sweet Tomatoes is a buffet-style restaurant that includes an extensive salad bar, baked potato bar, several varieties of soup, pasta, bread, pizza, and muffins – plus a dessert counter and an ice cream machine (with toppings!).
Sweet Tomatoes “uses the freshest fruits and vegetables to create all homemade recipes from scratch. Each restaurant invites families to come together for a healthy dining experience, where farm meets the table.”
For the month of July, Sweet Tomatoes has a new Picnic Delights Menu with an Avocado BLT Salad, smoky BBQ Chicken Focaccia, and tasty Broccoli Potato Soup. Plus, you’ll enjoy the same all-you-can-eat “salad, soup, and more buffet” that has made Sweet Tomatoes a family-favorite for 40 years!
Additionally, kids eat free every Tuesday (all day!) throughout the summer season. One free kids meal with each full priced adult meal. Valid for kids 12 and under.
- LOCATIONS: There are currently two Sweet Tomatoes locations in Tucson – one at 6202 E. Broadway Blvd (near Park Place Mall) and the other at 4420 N. Stone Avenue (near Tucson Mall).
- HOURS: Sun-Thurs 11:00am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm *The Park Place location opens at 10:00am on Sundays.
- PRICE: Weekday lunch $9.99. Weekday dinner $11.99-$12.29. Weekend lunch $10.29-$10.49. Weekend dinner $11.99-$12.29. Lunch prices are valid 11:00am-4:00pm. Dinner prices are valid 4:00pm to close.
- KIDS: Little ones, 2 and under, eat free. Lunch/dinner is $3.99 for kids 3-6 (includes a juice or milk) and $5.99 for kids 7-12 (does not include a beverage).
- GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGETARIAN: If you have allergies or dietary restrictions, note that Sweet Tomatoes has special menu items that are vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. All such items are clearly labeled.
- BEFORE YOU GO: Join Club Veg for discounts and insider info.
- BE SURE TO TRY: The salads! Obviously. You can build a bountiful salad with plenty of color – butternut squash, cauliflower, cucumbers, beets, kidney beans, hardboiled eggs, and much more.
- GOOD TO KNOW: Sweet Tomatoes also regularly offers seasonal dishes and desserts – gluten-free coconut muffins, pumpkin soft serve, a nachos bar, etc. LIKE the company’s Facebook page (Tucson Mall Location on Facebook and Park Place Location on Facebook) to stay in the know about what is coming up next.
- REMEMBER: Your meal comes with the always popular soft serve bar! Choose chocolate or vanilla soft serve and top it with caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, granola, cookie crumbles, and/or rainbow sprinkles!
One lucky TucsonTopian (that’s you!) will receive two comp dine-in cards to the Sweet Tomatoes location of your choice. Each comp card covers the cost of lunch or dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, minus the beverage. Comp cards and/or discounts cannot be used in combination with the “Kids Eat Free” deal.
Enter your e-mail below for a chance to win. The deadline to enter is Thursday, July 19, at 11:59pm.
***The winner is Lillian R. Congrats!***