You are cordially invited to join Tucson’s own Ballet Rincon as it presents its 13th Annual production of Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker Ballet.
On Christmas Eve, a young girl named Clara is given a Nutcracker Doll at her family Christmas party by her much loved Uncle Drosselmeyer – a mysterious, magical inventor. The doll is broken by her jealous brother Fritz at the party, but this is no ordinary Nutcracker as Clara learns that night.
When the house is at rest, Clara goes downstairs to check on her beloved doll. In the shadows, Uncle Drosselmeyer casts a spell over the Nutcracker Doll, as the Mouse King attacks. On rescuing Clara from the Mouse King, the doll turns into the Nutcracker Prince. He takes Clara on a magical journey through the Land of the Snow to the Land of Sweets, where the Sugar Plum Fairy honors the couple with sweet entertainment from around the world.
Come experience this family tradition with Ballet Rincon, and featured guest artists Mark Nichols and Christer Everly, at the Vail Theatre of the Arts.
Ballet Rincon is also pleased to offer pre-show lobby performances from the Vail Youth Symphony (ahead of the 12/19 performance), the Tucson Barbershop eXperience (ahead of 12/20 2pm performance), and the esteemed jazz musician Brice Winston (ahead of the 12/20 7pm performance)!
Tickets are on sale during normal business hours at the studio office in Civano, 10544 E. Seven Generations Way. Tickets will also be sold at the theater box office starting one hour prior to each performance.
- LOCATION: Vail Theatre of the Arts, 10701 E. Mary Ann Cleveland Way, Tucson
- DATE: December 19 at 7:00pm; December 20 at 2:00pm and 7:00pm
- TIME: See above
- COST: Orchestra $16.00 per adult, $14.00 for seniors and children. Mezzanine $12.00 per adult, $10.00 for seniors and children.
- MORE INFO: For more information and ticket orders, call Ballet Rincon at 520-574-2804.
- NOTES: LIKE Ballet Rincon on Facebook to stay up-to-date on future auditions, classes, and performances.
One lucky TucsonTopian (that’s you!) will receive 4 tickets to Ballet Rincon’s “The Nutcracker.”
Enter your e-mail below for a chance to win. The deadline is Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 11:59pm.
***The winner is Sarah A. Congratulations!***