Pima Community College Theatre Arts launches its 2015-2016 season with the humorous and heartfelt family production, HENRY AND RAMONA, by Cynthia McGean. The play is based on the well-loved children’s book series by the Newberry Award-winning author Beverly Cleary.
Ten-year-old Henry wants to do something important; he wants to deliver newspapers. But first Henry has to prove to his parents and the older kids that he can handle the responsibility. This isn’t easy with the neighborhood pest, Ramona Quimby, around. Even Henry’s dog Ribsy disrupts his attempts. Then Henry’s friendship with his loyal friend Beezus is tested when the boys form a clubhouse excluding girls. But, along the way, with the “help” of Ramona, Henry learns some valuable lessons about friendship and maturity.
“The play is engaging and fun. It moves quickly through a year of seasons with colorful scenes that will delight the kids in the audience even as they learn valuable life lessons—something both parents and teachers will appreciate,” states Director Mickey Nugent.
The Pima Community College Center for the Arts is located on West Campus at 2202 West Anklam Road, Tucson (just west of downtown). For ticket information, contact the box office at 520-206-6986 or email@example.com.
- DATE: Sept. 23-Oct.4. ASL interpreters available Oct. 2.
- TIME: Public performances are Friday-Saturday at 7:00pm, Saturday-Sunday at 2:00pm. (School matinee performances are Wednesday-Friday at 10:00am. Reservations must be made in advance.).
- LOCATION: PCC Center for the Arts Proscenium Theatre, West Campus, 2202 West Anklam Road, Tucson, AZ 85709
- COST: Tickets are $8 (with discounts for groups of 10 or more) – buy tickets
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow PCC Arts on Twitter and LIKE Pima Community College Center for the Arts on Facebook.
One lucky TucsonTopian (that’s you!) will win 4 tickets to see HENRY & RAMONA on Friday, September 25, at 7pm.
Enter your e-mail below for a chance to win. The deadline is Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:59pm.
* The winner is Debbie C. Congratulations!