Every year the Pima Air & Space Museum invites Santa Claus to fly in by helicopter to greet the good little girls and boys in Tucson. Families can watch Santa land, sit on his lap, and participate in many other festivities.
Once you check in at the event, your party will be assigned a time to get in the Santa’s lap line (Museum members get FREE admission and can enter the Santa line at any time). The museum will open early, at 8:30am, with lots of fun activities and the first 1,000 children through the door will receive a commemorative jingle-bell ornament. Flight Grill, the in-house restaurant, will offer a breakfast buffet for a nominal fee.
To the children’s delight, Santa arrives by helicopter around 10:00am. Each family will have the opportunity to visit with Santa. The assigned entry times to line up for Santa allow you to maximize your visit to the museum and partake in the other activites. Be sure to bring your camera to take pictures of your child with Santa. After visiting Santa, Col. Gail Havorsen, the famous “Candy Bomber” during the Berlin Airlift, gives all the kids a candy cane!
Some of the holiday activities that children can partake in are:
- Writing a letter to Santa and hand delivering it to him!
- Storytime readings (about the “Candy Bomber”)
- Ornament decorating
- Petting zoo
- Glider assembly
- Temporary holiday tattoo
- LOCATION: Pima Air & Space Museum, 6000 E. Valencia Rd., Tucson
- DATE: Saturday, December 6, 2014
- TIME: 8:30am-4:00pm
- COST: $15.50 for adults (ages 13+); $12.25 for Pima County Residents; $9 for Juniors (ages 7-12); Children ages 6 and under are FREE
- NOTES: Like Pima Air & Space Museum on Facebook
One lucky TucsonTopian (that’s you!) will receive 4 tickets to “Santa’s Landing” on Saturday, December 6, 2014.
Enter your e-mail below for a chance to win. The deadline is Thursday, November 27, 2014 at 11:59pm.
***The winner is Margie B. Congratulations!***