—> THE GREAT AMERICAN PLAYHOUSE IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE SEE OUR “ATTRACTIONS” PAGE FOR INFORMATION ON OTHER THEATRICAL VENUES IN TUCSON.
The Great American Playhouse is a comedic musical theatre venue in Oro Valley. Located in a shopping center in the space of a former Basha’s, the 9,000 square foot theatre opened in 2013 and seats 199.
Guests sit around tables with red-checked tablecloths. Complimentary popcorn is provided at all tables, but a menu is also available where you can order pizza, sandwiches, alcoholic beverages, and/or desserts right to your table to enjoy throughout the show.
Where is the The Great American Playhouse located?
The Great American Playhouse is at 13005 N. Oracle Road in Oro Valley.
What time are the shows?
- Thursdays at 7:00pm
- Fridays at 6:00pm
- Saturdays at 6:00pm
- Sundays at 3:00pm
What is the season line-up for 2015?
- January 8-March 21 :: Mindy Anna Jones and the Lost Ark of Time
- March 26-June 6 :: Toy Tales: A Western Saga
- June 11-August 22 :: The Amazings: Heros of Tomorrow
- August 27-November 14 :: Whodunit or They Haven’t A Clue
- November 19-January 2 :: Planes Trains & Sleigh Bells
How much does it cost?
$17.95 for adults; $15.95 for active military and students; $7.95 for children 12 and under
*Season flex passes are also available where you can see 6 shows for the price of 5.
What is the parking situation?
Complimentary visitor parking is available in a paved parking lot outside the theatre.
What should I wear?
Dress is as casual or as formal as you want it to be.
What should I bring with me?
Cash/credit card for ordering off the menu and tipping.
Are bathrooms available?
What is on the menu at The Great American Playhouse?
- Guido’s New York Pizza – 12″ (8 slices) is $15.99; 14″ (12 slices) is $18.99
- hot dogs $4.25 (served with chips)
- nachos $6.99
- sandwiches $7.99
- wings $5.99-$8.50
- salad $3.25-$5.25
- desserts $1.99-$5.49
- beer/wine $3.99-$7
Is there a Children’s Menu at The Great American Playhouse?
Yes. Choose between Baked Cheesy Meatballs ($3.25) or All American Mac & Cheese ($2.99).
What restaurants are located NEAR The Great American Playhouse?
Great American Playhouse is in northern Oro Valley where the restaurant scene is still developing. Our top picks within a 5-mile radius are:
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, 12005 N. Oracle Rd (1.3 miles away) – national chain, steakhouse, kids menu, beer
- Harvest Restaurant, 10355 N. La Canada Dr (4.9 miles away) – locally owned, seasonally inspired, from scratch, lunch and dinner, gluten-free available
BABIES & KIDS
What ages would be best suited to see a show at The Great American Playhouse?
Great American Playhouse bills itself as a family-friendly attraction, but younger children may not appreciate or understand the cultural and musical references. Recommended for ages 6 and up.
Should I bring a stroller?
Are there changing tables in the restrooms?
Is there any other children’s programming?
Theater camps are available for kids after school each semester and in the summer.
Can my child have a birthday party at The Great American Playhouse?
Children can have a birthday party at the theatre. Due to health code, no outside food or beverages are permitted.
Is The Great American Playhouse active on social media?
Yes! LIKE The Great American Playhouse on Facebook and FOLLOW The Great American Playhouse on Twitter.
What else do I need to know before I see a show at The Great American Playhouse?
- Run time of most shows is approximately two hours, but don’t book your schedule too solid. There are sometime “surprise” bonus shows after the main show concludes.
- Be prepared to “boo” for the bad guys and cheer for the heroes. Shows are interactive.
- Photos are not permitted during the show, but you may want to bring along your camera so you can snap a photo with your favorite cast member(s) after the show.