No time to grocery shop? No problem!
A number of Tucson grocery stores now offer grocery delivery or curbside pick-up…and we think you’re going to love it!
Here’s how it works:
- Create an Instacart account.
- Shop your favorite local stores on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Schedule a delivery. You can have your groceries delivered in as little as two hours or schedule your delivery for later in the week.
- Groceries arrive at your doorstep! Total game-changer for your weekly schedule!
Instacart has partnerships with more than 300 national, regional, and local grocers across North America. In Tucson, Instacart has partnerships with Albertsons, Bashas’, Costco, CVS Pharmacy, Natural Grocers, Fry’s, Petco, and Safeway. Customers can view retailers for delivery in their area by opening the Instacart mobile app and entering their delivery address.
Instacart currently offers same-day delivery in the following Tucson-area zip codes:
- 85701, 85704, 85705, 85706, 85713, 85714, 85716, 85719, 85721, 85723, 85724, 85726, 85737, 85739, 85741, 85742, 85658, 85743, 85745, 85746, 85755, 85756, 85757, 85461, 85707, 85708, 85710, 85711, 85712, 85715, 85718, 85730, 85750, 85641, 85747, 85748, 85749
*Please note – store availability varies by zip code so not all zip codes will have access to all the same stores. When a customer puts in their zip code, they will see all the stores available to them.
If you want unlimited, free delivery on all orders over $35, sign up for an Instacart Express membership for $9.99/month or an annual fee of $99.
For a la carte (non-Express) customers, the delivery fee starts at $3.99 for orders of $35 or more. There is also a 5% service fee for a la carte customers.
All retail partners set the prices of products available for delivery on the Instacart platform. As such, for some retailers, prices may be higher than in-store.
While each retail partner controls the price of their products available on the Instacart marketplace, more than half of Instacart’s partners offer customers same as in-store pricing through Instacart. Where there are item markups by a particular store, customers are notified that prices vary relative to store prices so they can make clear and informed purchasing decisions.
Instacart is working closely with retail partners to expand loyalty offerings on the platform. For retailers who are currently offering loyalty card integrations on the platform, loyalty cards unlock in-store loyalty pricing for customers on Instacart. At this time, not all retailer loyalty programs allow customers to accrue customer points and other associated loyalty rewards (such as gas) on the Instacart platform.
Tipping is not required, but is encouraged for a job well done. Shopper tip defaults to 5% and can be increased or decreased by the customer. Tips are always optional and can be changed by the customer for up to three days after the delivery is complete. Tips go directly to the shopper delivering the customer’s order.
SHIPT GROCERY DELIVERY
Shipt offers same-day delivery from:
- CVS Pharmacy
A yearly Shipt membership is $99 per year and a monthly membership is $14 per month.
Delivery is free for members on orders over $35. Smaller orders are welcome, but a $7 delivery fee will be added to help cover the costs of shopping and delivery.
Shipt prices vary slightly from in-store prices to help cover the costs of picking, packing and processing. Members can expect to pay about $5 more using Shipt than they would on a $35 order purchased in the store themselves.
When ordering from select retailers, a small service fee will be added at checkout.
Tips are not required but are greatly appreciated. You may tip in cash or within the app after you receive your delivery and 100% of your tip will go to the shopper.
FRY’S – CURBSIDE PICK-UP
Fry’s currently has 5 stores in Tucson that offer ClickList curb-side pickup:
- 3770 W. Ina Rd, Marana(Ina & Thornydale)
- 1795 W Valencia Rd (Valencia & Indian Agency Rd)
- 8080 S. Houghton Rd (Houghton Rd & Rita Rd)
- 15950 S. Rancho Sahuarita, Sahuarita (Sahuarita Rd & Rancho Sahuarita)
- 12100 N Thornydale Rd, Marana (Tangerine & Thornydale Rd)
There is a $4.95 service fee per order; no minimum purchase required. The service fee is waived for the customer’s first 3 orders. All ClickList prices are the same as in store. Both paper and digital coupons can be used through CLickList. You can shop, add digital coupons, and place an order via the ClickList mobile app.
Walmart’s Grocery Delivery service launched in the Tucson area in July and expanded the delivery area in October. Postmates is the third party delivery service.
How it works:
- Order and Choose a Pickup Time: Customers visit walmart.com/grocery or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to for their order to be delivered. At the time of checkout, customers will pay the delivery fee. No money is exchanged at the customer’s door.
- User Friendly Shopping: When customers are creating their order, the search feature at the top of the screen makes it easy to directly search for the exact item they need to add to their cart. Customers can also filter items that meet their special dietary needs too, like gluten free, paleo and non-dairy products.
- Personal Grocery Shoppers Fill the Basket: Highly trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested. All Walmart grocery orders are backed by our freshness guarantee.
- Delivery: Delivery partners will be requested by a Walmart grocery associate when the order is ready to be delivered, who will then drive directly to the customer’s location during the 1-hour delivery window they chose.
There is no membership option at this time.
Tipping is not required, but the delivery drivers are allowed to accept tips of any amount.
Unlike other services where a banana costs more online than it costs in the store, Walmart’s everyday low prices are the same no matter how you shop. If the cost of an item changes from the time the order is placed to the time it is packed and ready for delivery, the customer will always be charged for the lower price.
Walmart’s Online Grocery Delivery service offers customers their essentials as soon as the same day with a simple fee of $7.95 – $9.95 – no subscription required.
Discount code: Customers can use the code DELIVERY to get their first three delivery orders FREE with a $50 minimum.
Walmart also offers same-day curbside pick-up. No service fees. No tipping. There is a $30 minimum order amount.
The five Walmart stores in Tucson that currently offer the curbside pick-up service are:
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 2565 E. Commerce Center Pl, Tucson
- Walmart Supercenter, 7150 E. Speedway Blvd, Tucson
- Walmart Supercenter, 7635 N. LaCholla Blvd, Tucson
- Walmart Supercenter, 3435 E. Broadway Blvd, Tucson
- Walmart Supercenter, 8280 N Cortaro Rd, Marana
This is how it works:
- Order and Choose a Pickup Time: Customers visit walmart.com/grocery online or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes to select a local store, and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to pick up their orders.
- Personal Grocery Shoppers Fill the Basket: Highly-trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested.
- Pick Up and Go: Once a customer arrives at the pickup location, there will be reserved parking spaces marked in orange and a designated number to call to alert an associate. An associate will quickly retrieve the prepared order and load it into the customer’s car.
Walmart associates cannot receive tips.
Unlike other services where a banana costs more online than it costs in the store, Walmart’s everyday low prices are the same no matter how you shop. If the cost of an item changes from the time the order is placed to the time it is packed and ready for delivery, the customer will always be charged for the lower price. Grocery Pickup is free.
Discount code: Customers will receive $10 off their first order of $50 or more by using the code WOWFRESH during checkout.
Safeway offers grocery delivery through both Safeway Home Delivery and Instacart.
Safeway offers home delivery to the following zip codes: 85641, 85712, 85741, 85653, 85713, 85742, 85658, 85714, 85743, 85701, 85715, 85745, 85704, 85716, 85746, 85705, 85718, 85747, 85706, 85719, 85748, 85707, 85721, 85749, 85708, 85724, 85750, 85709, 85730, 85754, 85710, 85737, 85755, 85711, 85739, 85756, and 85757.
Delivery Fees vary from $3.99 to $9.99, depending on the delivery window selected. There is also a service fee of $3.95. Memberships are not available.
Safeway drivers do not accept tips.
Prices vary. There is often a premium pricing structure for delivery orders. Safeway is looking at options to reduce delivery costs so that competitive prices can be offered to delivery customers. Promotional deals may or may not be consistent with weekly in-store ads. Paper coupons cannot be applied.
DRIVE UP & GO
Safeway currently offers Drive Up & Go at only one Tucson area store, Safeway store – 13380 E Mary Ann Cleveland Way in Vail, Ariz.
Customers place online orders with a mobile app, smart tablet, or computer. They then select the time window they want to pick up their order. Customers arrive at the Drive Up & Go location, park in marked stalls, and call a designated phone number. Employees bring the product to the customer’s car – and place it in their vehicle. There is a service fee of $3.95. Pricing may vary from in-store prices. Paper coupons cannot be applied. Tips are not accepted.
GROCERY DELIVERY IN TUCSON – TRY IT!
Hope you give grocery delivery in Tucson a try!