If you’re planning a move to or within Tucson, you’ve probably wondered which Tucson Realtor to choose.
Moving can be a highly stressful, but also exciting time – and it’s important to choose a realtor who will be simultaneously competent, kind, and communicative. You will want to work with a true professional with first-hand experience about the city.
Don’t make the mistake of selecting a well-known “company” over choosing an individual. Keep in mind that there are terrific agents at both larger and smaller agencies. Always hire a person, not a company. Here’s why.
- Choose A Realtor You Like. You’re going to spend quite a bit of time talking to, laughing with, and examining paperwork with your realtor. It’s essential to find someone who is friendly and relatable – in a non-schmoozy way. Don’t be pressured by a billboard, a television ad, or a suit at an open house. Find the kind of person who will get the job done and who would offer up his seat to an elderly person in a waiting room.
- Pick A Strong Communicator. You will want a Realtor who will respond to your phone calls, emails, and texts efficiently and expediently. In real estate deals, time is of the essence and you don’t want to be stuck waiting to get a response from the person who is representing you. Excellent realtors are people who reply – professionally and quickly – even on weekends and late nights. It’s also smart to find someone that is skilled across communication platforms. Hire someone who can text, but who also isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and is great in a crowd. Conversation is a dying art, but it’s a critical ability for successful real estate transactions.
- Go With Someone Who Utilizes Technology. Check your Realtor’s website. Is it up-to-date? Modern and appealing? Is there a way to text or call the realtor with ease? These are all good indicators of your realtor’s comfort with technology. Tech skills come in handy when you need to sign papers electronically, open homes for viewing, and send/receive texts.
- Decide on a Realtor w/ Tucson Savvy. You will want to partner with someone who knows Tucson inside & out. It helps to have someone on your team that is resourceful and able to point you to excellent Tucson restaurants, hiking trails, hotels, neighborhoods, parks, and people.
- Opt for a Real Estate Broker. The difference between a licensed agent and a broker is this – brokers have more experience and more education. A broker must have a minimum of three years of real estate experience and brokers also complete additional coursework + testing. This means more knowledge and experience, which equals a larger capacity for handling your deal with intellect and expertise. While we’re on the topic, higher education is a PLUS. Although not a necessity, collegiate work is a bonus as it is often an indicator of more robust writing and speaking skills.
Who meets all five of the above requirements (and more!)? Real Estate Broker Tim Sheaffer of HomeLink Realty! He’s a Tucson native, father of four, and an experienced Realtor who excels in being considerate, caring, and communicative. He’s ambitious in negotiating, while also being a careful listener. If you’re looking for a hard-working, quick-witted, and persistent realtor, don’t hesitate to call or text Tim Sheaffer at 520-305-9005. He specializes in the Foothills, NE Tucson, and Investment Properties, but has also helped clients buy & sell in Downtown Tucson, Midtown Tucson, Vail, Marana, Oro Valley, Sahuarita, and Mt. Lemmon!
Listen to these rave reviews from a few of his recent clients:
“Tim is proactive, easy to work with and gets the job done the right way while upholding a high-level of integrity and professionalism. Being a family man he understands what other families are looking for in a home. You will not find another person more in touch with the Tucson real estate market. I would highly recommend Tim as your next real estate agent.” – Ryan P.
“We couldn’t have been happier with the level of professionalism, diligence and attention to detail Tim provided. We recommend Tim to all in search of a realtor. You are in great hands!” – Amy F.
“Tim is knowledgeable, patient, persistent, and proactive. We have and will continue to recommend Tim’s services, and we look forward to working with him again in the future.” – Erik Y.
Hope you sell your house quickly and/or find a home you love here in Tucson, AZ!