La Encantada is one of five shopping malls in Tucson. The other four are Tucson Mall, Foothills Mall, El Con Mall, and Park Place Mall.
Located at 2905 E. Skyline Drive, La Encantada is a two-level outdoor luxury shopping center in north Tucson. It features elegant architecture, open breezeways for walking, a delightful courtyard that is oft-used for charity fundraisers & events, and fine dining choices that are sure to meet the approval of any foodie.
When did La Encantada open?
What are the hours?
Monday – Saturday, 10:00am – 7:00pm. Sunday, 11:00am – 5:00pm.
Why would someone visit?
- To shop at upscale clothing, skincare, and jewelry retailers.
- To people-watch on a nice day.
- To enjoy a date night at one of Tucson’s best restaurants.
- To meet up with a friend for happy hour.
- To go to storytime at Mildred & Dildred.
- To attend a charity event or fundraiser in the courtyard.
Is the mall indoors or outdoors?
Outdoors. Two stories.
Is parking free?
Is covered parking available?
Yes. There is a covered parking lot on the north side of the mall. Unshaded parking is also available on all sides of the mall.
Is La Encantada on Twitter and Facebook?
Does La Encantada have a Nordstrom?
Does La Encantada have an Apple Store?
What is the best clothing store?
Our votes go to Ann Taylor, Anthropologie, and J.Crew.
Which department stores/anchors are at La Encantada?
Crate & Barrel. No other department stores (Dillard’s, Macy’s, etc) are at La Encantada.
What options are in the food court?
La Encantada does not have a food court, but there are a number of fantastic sit-down restaurants that are part of or near the center (see next two questions). AJ’s Fine Foods, an upscale grocer on-site, also has a bistro and patio with outdoor seating.
What is the best restaurant?
All of the restaurants at La Encantada are excellent picks. The five on-site restaurants are: Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe, Blanco Tacos & Tequila, Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, NORTH Italian Farmhouse, and RA Sushi Bar.
What are the best restaurants NEAR La Encantada?
There are a wealth of posh sit-down dining options near La Encantada.
Our top picks within a 2-mile radius are:
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, 6360 N. Campbell (391 feet away) – steak, seafood, salads
- Acacia real food + cocktails, 3001 E. Skyline Dr. (0.1 miles away) – local, sustainable, and naturally produced foods
- The Grill at Hacienda del Sol, 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol (1.4 miles away) – Upscale American using local meats, vegetables, and herbs. Spectacular views.
For more affordable (and more casual) options, you’ll have to drive a little further. Try Sweet Tomatoes at 4420 N. Stone Ave (3.4 miles away), Baggin’s Gourmet Sandwiches at 6342 N. Oracle Rd (2.6 miles away), or Beyond Bread at 421 W. Ina Rd (2.9 miles away).
Where are the restrooms located? Are they clean?
Restrooms are available on both levels. They are elegantly decorated and well-maintained.
Are toilet seat covers available?
Are family restrooms available?
Yes. Family restrooms on both the bottom and top floors. They feature changing tables and miniature toilets and sinks.
Is there a nursing area??
There is not a designated nursing area, but the La Encantada Concierge is air-conditioned and features leather couches, magazines, and a television. Plus, complimentary bottled water! The Family Restrooms are also located in the same area as the Concierge.
What is there to do for kids?
- La Encantada is home to Mildred & Dildred, a locally-owned toy store. Although the shop is small in square feet, it makes up for it in character. Several play tables are set up, along with a little “house” complete with play kitchen. Mildred & Dildred also offers a free storytime every Tuesday at 10:30am and every Thursday at 3:30pm. They also put on free plays in the courtyard about once a month.
- Since La Encantada is an outdoor shopping center, it strikes us as being slightly more kid-friendly than average. The courtyard provides a nice place to run around under trees and on the manicured (fake) grass. That being said, the stores are all on the expensive side – with plenty of pricey items to tempt small hands.
What else do I need to know before I visit?
That just about covers it. Have a great time! Feel free to leave any additional questions in the comments and we’ll respond ASAP.