Located at 2905 E. Skyline Drive, La Encantada is a two-level outdoor luxury shopping center in north Tucson. It features elegant architecture, open breezeways for walking, a delightful courtyard that is often used for charity fundraisers & events, and fine dining choices that are sure to meet the approval of any foodie.
In addition to shops and restaurants, La Encantada also has several salons, a workout studio (Barre 3), and a cryotherapy center.
When did La Encantada open?
La Encantada opened in Tucson in 2004.
What are the hours?
- Monday – Wednesday, 10:00am-7:00pm
- Thursday-Saturday, 10:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday, 11:00am-6:00pm
Why would someone visit?
- To shop at upscale clothing, skincare, and jewelry retailers.
- To people-watch on a nice day.
- To enjoy a date night at one of Tucson’s best restaurants.
- To meet up with a friend for happy hour.
- To go to storytime at Mildred & Dildred.
- To attend a charity event or fundraiser in the courtyard.
Is the mall indoors or outdoors?
Outdoors. Two stories.
Is parking free?
Is covered parking available?
Yes. There is a covered parking lot on the north side of the mall. Unshaded parking is also available on all sides of the mall.
Other parking options include: valet ($), electric vehicle charging stations, and Tesla charging stations.
Is La Encantada on Twitter and Facebook?
Does La Encantada have a Nordstrom?
Does La Encantada have an Apple Store?
Yes. Tucson’s only Apple Store is located at La Encantada.
Does La Encantada have a Pottery Barn?
Yes. Tucson’s only Pottery Barn is located at La Encantada.
Which clothing stores does La Encantada have?
Clothing stores include: Ann Taylor, Anthropologie, Arizona Attire, Athleta, Brooks Brothers, Francesca’s, J.Jill, Johnny Was, Kate Spade New York, LOFT, Lucky Brand, Lululemon Athletica, Michael Kors, Soft Surroundings, Soma Intimates, Sundance, Talbots, Tommy Bahama, Victoria’s Secret, and White House Black Market.
What shoe stores does La Encantada have?
Shoe stores include: Clarks and The Walking Company. There is also a SAS San Antonio Shoemakers store across the street in Plaza Colonial.
Are there any stores for children?
Yes. La Encantada has a local toy shop (see notes below about Mildred & Dildred). Athleta also has an Athleta Girl section, which offers athletic clothing & accessories for girls, sizes 6-16.
Which department stores/anchors are at La Encantada?
Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn would probably be considered anchors. No other department stores (Dillard’s, Macy’s, JCPenney, etc) are at La Encantada.
What options are in the food court?
La Encantada does not have a food court, but there are a number of fantastic sit-down restaurants that are part of or near the center (see next two questions). AJ’s Fine Foods, an upscale grocer on-site, also has a bistro and patio with outdoor seating.
What is the best restaurant?
Good question! The six on-site restaurants are:
- Blanco Tacos & Tequila
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
- Humble Pie Pizza, Wine, & Spirits
- NORTH Italia
- RA Sushi Bar
- The Living Room Wine Cafe & Lounge
Our vote goes to Blanco Tacos & Tequila (try the cheese enchiladas!).
La Encantada also has Frost Gelato, Savaya Coffee, See’s Candies, NobiliTea, and a Nektar Juice Bar.
What are the best restaurants NEAR La Encantada?
There are a wealth of posh sit-down dining options near La Encantada.
Our top picks within a 2-mile radius are:
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, 6360 N. Campbell (under a mile away) – steak, seafood, salads
- The Grill at Hacienda del Sol, 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol (1.4 miles away) – upscale American using local meats, vegetables, and herbs. Spectacular views.
Where are the restrooms located? Are they clean?
Restrooms are available on level two near AVEDA and Tiffany & Co. A water bottle filling station is also available near the restrooms.
Are family restrooms available?
Is there a nursing area??
There is not a designated nursing area, but there are several benches in the outdoor courtyard.
What is there to do for kids?
- La Encantada is home to Mildred & Dildred, a locally-owned toy store. Although the shop is small in square feet, it makes up for it in character. Several play tables are set up, along with a little “house” complete with play kitchen. Mildred & Dildred also offers a free storytime every Tuesday at 10:30am. In addition, the staff puts on free plays in the courtyard about once a month.
- Since La Encantada is an outdoor shopping center, it strikes us as being slightly more kid-friendly than average. The courtyard provides a nice place to run around under trees and on the manicured (fake) grass.
What else do I need to know before I visit?
That just about covers it. Have a great time!