Loews Ventana Canyon Resort is a luxury resort tucked into the Catalina Mountains in northeast Tucson. The intimate property features earthy tones, spectacular desert landscaping, and newly renovated guest rooms.
The most impressive aspect of this Loews resort is the location – with access to Arizona’s unique desert plant and wildlife. You’ll get an up close look at magnificent cacti, blooming wildflowers, striking rock formations, and – if you keep your eyes open – hummingbirds, butterflies, great-horned owls, birds of all kinds, and other animals that call the Sonoran desert home.
Scroll through our comprehensive Resort Report for answers to frequently asked questions.
Guest rooms were renovated in early 2016 and the palette is centered around a modern charcoal gray with complimentary accent colors. Perhaps the best amenity is the gargantuan tubs in each bathroom – easily fitting 2 to 5 people at a time.
If your stomach rumbles, you can satisfy your hunger at Flying V (serving up dinner with water views) or Canyon Cafe (a breakfast and lunch spot w/ indoor & outing seating options overlooking the pools and mountains).
You may also choose to pick up groceries at nearby Bashas or Whole Foods (both are about 11min away) if a more casual meal is your style. A mini refrigerator is available in all guest rooms.
On-site activities include two swimming pools (one suitable for laps), a jacuzzi, three immaculate tennis courts, two 18-hole golf courses with pristine lawns, a fitness center, a 1/2-mile nature trail that leads to an 80-foot waterfall, a ping pong table, and access to the Ventana Canyon Trail (a 2.5 mile hike).
Upon arrival, children under ten receive a complimentary “Loews Loves Kids” Welcome Gift.
The littlest visitors will enjoy feeding the fish (free fish food in the lobby!) and participating in some of the calendar activities.
The sparkling salt water pool offers appeal to all ages – especially during the summer when kids will enjoy various poolside activities during the day and dive-in movies when the sun goes down. Unfortunately, there are no water amenities that are typical of a resort in this category (waterslides, lazy river, splash pad, etc).
A small playground is located near the tennis courts for tots who need to burn off some energy on a cooler day.
If parents want a bit of solitude, they can check kids (ages 4 to 12) into the Coyote Kids Club for a morning, afternoon, or all-day session. Fees range from $40 to $80.
Forget something for baby? Ask about the “Kids Closet” – where you can borrow toys, books, car seats, strollers, night-lights, potty seats, a baby bathtub, baby blankets, outlet protectors, and self-contained DVD players with age appropriate DVDs.
The children’s menu offers pretty standard fare (cheese quesadillas, hamburgers, pb&js, etc) for ~$7.50. Includes a drink.
What fun things are there to do near the resort?
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort is somewhat removed from Downtown and the city center, but it still offers convenient means of entry to beautiful and fun local spots.
If you have the urge to see the sights, consider the following options.
- Hike the Ventana Canyon Trail. Within easy walking distance to the trailhead.
- Wander the grounds at DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, a 10-acre art gallery featuring the work and life of Ted DeGrazia. 9 minutes away.
- Shop at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, Mildred & Dildred, etc. 12 minutes away.
- Get a taste of the wild west at Trail Dust Town, a historical outdoor shopping center and miniature Western theme park with free admission. Don’t forget your camera! 12 minutes away.
- Sabino Canyon is a super place to run, hike, bike, or take pictures! $5 per vehicle per day or $20 per vehicle per year. Better yet, take the complimentary hotel shuttle. 15 minutes away.
- Head Downtown for fantastic food and a fun cultural experience! Ride the Tucson Streetcar. Eat at Agustin Kitchen, 5 Points Market, or Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails. Roam inside the Tucson Museum of Art. See a show at Fox Tucson Theatre or Centennial Hall. 30 minutes away.
- See desert wildlife and plant life in all its regal beauty at the acclaimed Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. 50 minutes away.
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – November through mid-April.
That said, you can enjoy better rates in the warmer months.
Can I host an event or have my wedding at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort?
Yes! Loews Ventana Canyon offers 40,000 square feet of outdoor space as well as 37,000 square feet of flexible indoor space.
Because of the natural beauty and serene spaces, Ventana Canyon is an ideal pick for a graduation, baby shower, wedding, honeymoon, babymoon, or anniversary.
- ADDRESS: 7000 N. Resort Drive, Tucson
- PHONE: 520-299-2020
- CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00pm
- CHECK-OUT TIME: 12:00pm
- PEAK SEASON: January to April; September-October
- OFF-SEASON: May to August; November-December
- PARKING: Self-parking and valet parking are included in the $25/day resort fee. For local residents coming to dine, parking is provided at no charge.
- WIFI: Complimentary with Daily Resort Fee
- RESORT FEE: A daily resort charge of $29 plus tax per room will be added to your account each night. This charge includes the following access: premium high speed Internet access, daily Lakeside Spa access, yoga and aerobics classes, daily tennis court access (1 hour per day, based on availability), daily transportation to Sabino Canyon, unlimited local calls, long distance calls, 24-hour shoe shine service, nightly turndown service upon request, complimentary bottled water in the main lobby, stargazing with University of Arizona Sky School, daily guided hike
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Loews Ventana Canyon on Facebook and Twitter.