McDonald Park is a spacious and gorgeous park in Northeast Tucson with one of the best playgrounds in the city. The 38-acre park boasts spectacular mountain views, lighted baseball/softball fields, batting cages, a basketball court, a dog park, soccer/football fields, a volleyball court, walking paths, and a dog park.
Where is McDonald Park located?
McDonald Park is in northeast Tucson, 4100 North Harrison Road.
When is the park open?
The park is open daily, 7:00am – 10:00pm.
Why would I visit McDonald Park?
- To participate in or cheer on a little league, baseball, or softball team
- To shoot some hoops
- To slide and swing on the playgrounds
- To attend a birthday party
- To take your pooch out for a bit of playtime
How much does it cost to visit the park?
Admission to the park is free.
What is the parking situation at McDonald Park?
Free. Pull-in style parking.
What should I bring with me when I visit the park?
Water, snacks, and sunscreen. Maybe a picnic blanket, basketball, or a baseball mitt?
What is the best season for visiting the park?
How many playgrounds are there at McDonald Park?
One playground area with separate areas for younger children (ages 2-5) and older children (ages 5-12). Multiple slide lengths, climbing apparatuses, and swings.
What is the ground surface beneath the playgrounds?
Sawdust and soft “rubber”
Are the playgrounds shaded?
Yes. A colorful canopy covers most of the playground equipment.
Is there an area for tots & babies?
Yes. There are also two baby swings.
How many tables are there at McDonald Park?
There are 6 ramadas and 8 unshaded picnic tables with accompanying barbecue grills.
Are trash cans available and easily accessible?
Are there BBQ grills?
Is there an on-site restaurant or cafe?
No. There is a concession stand/snack bar – which is open when games are in-session.
All this playing is making us hungry. What restaurants do you recommend in the area?
Our top picks within a 4-mile radius are:
- Le Buzz, 9121 E. Tanque Verde Rd #125 (1.7 miles away) – fresh roasted coffee, espresso bar, baked goods, breakfast, sandwiches, soup, salad, favorite of hikers and cyclists
- Zona 78, 7301 E. Tanque Verde Rd (3.6 miles away) – Italian restaurant, artisan pizza, pasta, wine + beer
- El Charro Cafe, 6910 E. Sunrise (3.8 miles away) – Mexican restaurant, tacos, enchiladas, burros, burritos, kids menu
If you’re in the mood for a cold slushy-style drink, head to eegee’s at 6810 E. Tanque Verde Rd (4.1 miles away).
How close is the nearest grocery store?
Pick up picnic supplies before heading to the park! Safeway at 9125 E. Tanque Verde Rd is 1.7 miles away.
How close is the nearest pizza delivery place?
Rosati’s Pizza at 8814 E. Tanque Verde Rd is 2 miles away. Arizona Pizza Company at 4955 N. Sabino Canyon Rd is 2.4 miles away.
How many sports fields are there?
McDonald Park has:
- 2 lighted softball fields
- 4 lighted baseball fields
- 1 football field
- 1 basketball court
- batting cages
- 0.7-mile walking path
Are restrooms available?
Are toilet seat covers available?
Is a family restroom available?
|Parks & Rec Facility||NO|
Ratings – McDonald Park
PLAYGROUND RATING: 4.5
CLEANLINESS OF RESTROOMS: unknown
NOTES: McDonald Park is a scenic park in northeast Tucson with plentiful amenities. The playground is colorful, shaded, and fun for all ages. The sporting fields are green and well-maintained. The mountains loom large to the north. Note that the playground designed for ages 5-12 is somewhat tall and might be less-than-relaxing for parents of adventurous toddlers. ;)
- addition of a splash pad
- addition of sculptures and/or artwork along the walking path
- addition of mile markers on the walking path
- more connections to the walking path to increase mileage
Check out our other Park Profiles!